Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Real license plate assistance

obidonkenobe

Corvette
2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Corvette Convertible
Hello all,

This is probably the craziest question ever, but I just registered my new C6 Convertible and got my plates (vanity plate coming later). That being said I need to put the rear license plate on the car. I see the two screws and then the two little rubber spacers. Is it safe to put the plate directly on the car or is there some kind of frame that goes between the plate and the car?

Your guidance is once again greatly appreciated!

Don

Don,
While you can get frames/covers/louvers/etc. as aftermarket items, yes, it is safe to put a license plate directly on the back of your vehicle.

It's the thought of drilling holes in the front fascia to put on front plates that makes me shudder. :ugh

:w
-Patrick

Thanks for the help. I am with you, I will NOT be drilling holes in the front to add a second plate.

Don

Hello all,

This is probably the craziest question ever, but I just registered my new C6 Convertible and got my plates (vanity plate coming later). That being said I need to put the rear license plate on the car. I see the two screws and then the two little rubber spacers. Is it safe to put the plate directly on the car or is there some kind of frame that goes between the plate and the car?

Your guidance is once again greatly appreciated!

Don

I put the rear plate on w/o a frame. I do put some self-stick felt pads on the back of the plate edges in case it comes in contact with the paint.

Is it safe to put the plate directly on the car or is there some kind of frame that goes between the plate and the car?

Go to the Dollar Store and buy the felt backed round discs. It also keeps the plate from scratching the paint.

I used small polyethylene washers between the plate and the paint. Just put the screws through them. That's a good idea about putting felt pads on the bottom of the plate however. My plates arrived slightly bent so the bottom of the plate is VERY close to the paint. Maybe time for "an ounce of prevention..."

I stuck soft silicone furniture bumpers right on the back of the plate. The plate was making a mark on the side before I installed them.

Don,
While you can get frames/covers/louvers/etc. as aftermarket items, yes, it is safe to put a license plate directly on the back of your vehicle.

It's the thought of drilling holes in the front fascia to put on front plates that makes me shudder. :ugh

:w
-Patrick

Why would you need to drill holes in the front fascia to mount the front license plate? I have the factory front plate holder mounted on my C6 without drilling or using any screws to secure it to the front fascia.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom