Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 vs CAD-V types

napacruzerC5

Corvette
'01 TR M6, '07 MS A6
Recent article in Road & Track focused on the new Cadillac V machines. I'm not sure how I feel about Cadillacs approaching (surpassing?) Corvette performance. Will it take away from the Corvette mystique or add to it? The proposed XLR-V could very well give a base C5-6 a good run. While I wouldn't mind have a 4-door "vette" with either the CTS-V or the STS-V, I wonder what it will do to vette production and sales figures in the long run. I'm sure it would be a lot easier for a vette owner wanna-be to justify a 4-door to a non-enthusiast spouse/significant other. Thoughts?

An XLR V would have a stratospheric cost starting out from the base of 85k or so-possibly twice a base C6. The market would have to be tiny. A person could afford a new Z06 and have change ( maybe ). I just read the R& T review of the CTS-V. This is a fifty grand automobile and the way cads depreciate it will be a 30 grand auto when it's a year old. Cads just don't hold value. So watching these for REAL low mile bargains is in order. However, 50 for the CTS-V when a fully dressed C6 can be owned instead? No way. Now......for those maritally challenged among us selling a four door Cad vs a 2 seat vette.....that's another story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The six speed CTS-V does 0-60 in 5 seconds flat and the qtr in 13.4/109. These are VERY fast times compared to the fastest of the late 60's era muscle cars. It's definitely an option to think about for those who want to go fast in a "family looking" sedan. The car would probably be very good for avoiding "no reason" police stops etc. This is a serious car in all respects. BTW in the R&T Road Test Annual the C6 is matched against the 911 Carrera S. The reviewers had to really really be creative to find the 911 only marginally superior to the C6. The review reads like the C6 won the match in most areas then the books get cooked a point here and there and the 911 wins by some 10 points out of almost 400. However, when they considered the huge price difference the vette came out ahead. If price were no object I'd choose the vette. Of course, my choice would not be based on perceived status considerations that add ( as with beemers and some other makes ) at least 30 grand to the price. If they want to waste their money let 'em. Maybe I just betray my middle class roots but the "P" on the nameplate isn't worth that much money. I just do not like the 911.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom