Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Z06 Hardtop or Coupe

jimxo

Corvette
Sold my 1989 snif-snif
Will the new Z06 be set up similar to the current Z06 as a hardtop only?

I believe the C6 Z06 will be a fastback styled fixed roof car.

JMO

JBsC5 said:
I believe the C6 Z06 will be a fastback styled fixed roof car.

JMO

I agree with JB. Statements have been made by the Vette Group that the Z06 WILL have a fixed roof, but they are a bit ambiguous as to whether it will be a "notch-back" like the current car. But it only makes performance and economic sense to give the Z06 the aerodynamics of the targa to help top speed. Sources have also indicated that the new Z06 will be more "differentiated" from the vert and targa in its appearance.

Best information at this point leads many us to believe the C6 Z06 will be a wide bodied version of the C6..

(to fit wide 20 inch wheel/tire packages to put down the power and fit even bigger brakes.

I believe thats why Dave Hill stated the C6 brakes won't retrofit to a c5..

I believe it will be the wheel size of the C5 that would need to be changed( again just a guess)

IMHO, the FRC C5 style as we know it will be gone. The C6 "hi-po" model will be an FRC styled like the C6 fastback, i.e., sloping rear window.

jimxo said:
Yes.

After reading this thread it only makes sense that the Z06 would retain the FRC design. Hydro formed aluminum will need the added rigidity that the FRC body style brings to the design to keep the car rigid and lightweight for increased performance.

Leon

I think it will be a Aluminum Hydro Formed Frame around a widened C6 Coupe with a Fixed Roof. I don't think they will repeat the small back window (convertible hardtop look) of the C5. It would make sense for Aero numbers to go with the Coupe design anyway. But we will see. I figure this Z06 will be significantly more expensive than the Price Ratio of the Current Z06 to the Coupe.

I hope its still a Hardtop,i love everyway the current Z06 looks,im looking into buying a used Z06 because i love the C5 design,i will wait till the C6 comes out to make the final choice. I hope the 2006 Z06 IS a hardtop.

ACR Z06, welcome to CAC. I agree with the looks of the FRC body style. I really didn't care for it when I first saw it, but the more I've seen it the more I like it. Part of the reason I have one in my garage. :D

Leon

jimxo said:

How about both, a hardtop and a coupe. Give us the option. That would be nice.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom