Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Z51 2005 BRAKE SQUEAL STILL!!!

nina kaminkow

Corvette
2005 Z51
I HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE FROM THE DAY I PICKED UP MY CAR. IT MAKES ME CRAZY. THEY KEPT TELLING ME ITS THE Z51 AND NOTHING CAN DO ABOUT IT. SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME NOW THEY REPLACE THE BRK. PADS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EDUCATE ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I CALLED MY DEALER IN NORTHRIDGE, CA.
RYDELL. THEY SAID THEY WILL REPLACE BRK PADS. DO I WANT THEM TO TOUCH THEM? I NOW HAVE 30K MILES AND STILL SQUEAL.
I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS AND NEED SOME HELP PLEASE.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. NINA:confused :eyerole

I HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE FROM THE DAY I PICKED UP MY CAR. IT MAKES ME CRAZY. THEY KEPT TELLING ME ITS THE Z51 AND NOTHING CAN DO ABOUT IT. SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME NOW THEY REPLACE THE BRK. PADS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EDUCATE ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I CALLED MY DEALER IN NORTHRIDGE, CA.
RYDELL. THEY SAID THEY WILL REPLACE BRK PADS. DO I WANT THEM TO TOUCH THEM? I NOW HAVE 30K MILES AND STILL SQUEAL.
I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS AND NEED SOME HELP PLEASE.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. NINA:confused :eyerole
have them put on std pads,not Z51. Z51 brakes are hi performance brakes so they use different pad material.

why would i want to put a different model type of pad? isnt that the whole reason for Z51? i mean one of the reasons? better brks?

why would i want to put a different model type of pad? isnt that the whole reason for Z51? i mean one of the reasons? better brks?

The squeal coming from your Z51 brakes is due to a more aggressive compound on the Z51 pads, so if you want better brakes, the trade-off is some noise.

Racing brakes frequently squeal - it's the nature of the beast. You will have to deal with that beast or change out the pad (like I did). If you don't really race the car, consider ceramic GM replacements from one of the forum sources. Your options are clear.

ok. i guess i will live with it. as long as this is the way it is suppose to be. thank u very much for your reply.
regards,

ok. i guess i will live with it. as long as this is the way it is suppose to be. thank u very much for your reply.
regards,

You're welcome Nina. :upthumbs

OKAY I have a z-51 conv 06 replaced the oem
pads with Hawk ceramic no more squeel and
no dust. mid america has em Caution you do
not want to track the car (save your oem if you do. Ceramic are great for street and road driving
I am happy //rudy//

thank u very much. but, i do not underst what this tracking is?
sorry, i am not very car smart. i only know that i love my vette C6 Z51!!!!
-Nina

BRAKE PADS

thank u very much. but, i do not underst what this tracking is?
sorry, i am not very car smart. i only know that i love my vette C6 Z51!!!!
-Nina

do not run on the race track ya know like Sebring ... brakes will get too hot and
being ceramic will "glaze up and maybe
crack which will ruin your rotors understand ?? //rr//

OH BROTHER DO I FEEL DUMB!! AND I AM NOT EVEN A BLOND! OK. GOT YA!
NO, I DONT RACE. EVEN THOUGH MY L.PLATE IS:
RRRRMMM
THANKS MUCH
MAYBE I WILL JUST LIVE WITH THE SOUND AND TURN UP THE MUSIC!!!!!
THANK YOU AGAIN, NINA

HI there,
NOTE:
The new designed high compression pads will dust more and must be installed in SETS, both front and rear!!!!!!
DO NOT install only fronts, as GM does NOT recommend to do this.
Allthebest, c4c5

Thanks, yes I did that all around AND
suggested anyone who intends to do this do the
same. /r/

regards,

I had the same problem. GM would not do anything. I went out and bought Brembo crossed drilled rotors which are zinc washed and do not rust. I also bought Hawk HPS Pads. They never squeak and always look great. It was too embarrassing for me to drive a 52k car that sounded like a city bus when stopping.

63826637.MXuUFwq6.RedCaliper.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom