Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6's For Sale

JAGSFAN said:
no the owner is still the first owner and it does not become used because the ohio title is put int the owners name with no tax paid then switched to an alaskan title in the same name. in other words it is titled in the name of the one that bought car so it is still theirs alone

Not quite accurate because the new title in my state will show that the vehicle was previously titled in OHIO, therefore used not new, and it will not show who it was titled to. It may have been titled before that as well since the title will only show what "evidence" was presented for my Alaska title.

A "new or original" title is only issued one time in a vehicles life and it is issued with the evidence of the MCO (birth certificate).

These are the facts and OHIO is not a friendly car place. Must have some real narrow minds in the law maker sections at the big house and it cost the state a pile of $$.

Rare81 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but why would the value of the car drop in value if it was owned once or twice or three times??

If the car is lic. as "new" (I am assuming it's a transfer of state, not ownership) from my experience. Sales tax is paid where the car is registered new. Back in the 60's I purchased a new 69 Firebird 400 in Nebraska, paid the sales tax and lic. I was station at Kingspoint, RI and when I went to lic it there, they calculated the tax from Nebraska, and I ended up paying the difference between Nebraska and RI, it was a transfer of title from one state to another :confused.

Even if it is considered a transfer of "ownership" how does that effect the value of the car??

Sometimes I can't see the tree because the forest gets in the way ;)

Thanks
Bud

You are correct in all regards. With Vettes it is an emotional issue as opposed to value.

It also means that no one can say or prove it is a one owner car ... for what that is worth anyway.

Sort of like the MN6 v. Auto religious discussion :L

Ah now I see the forest.. ;)

Bud

Vette Poor said:
You are correct in all regards. With Vettes it is an emotional issue as opposed to value.

It also means that no one can say or prove it is a one owner car ... for what that is worth anyway.

Sort of like the MN6 v. Auto religious discussion :L

I am sorry you had so much trouble. I am here to help in anyway I can. I will tell you though if you like i will obtain a copy of your original ohio title so you can keep it with your papers. You know who was the first owner and I am sure you are a believable person if you go to sell it. I will help in anyway I can even stupid people like me can help sometimes. As far as Ohio dealer I must tell you I owned a dealership in Florida for 7 yrs and the law is the same. We sold cars to many military people in Georgia and all we did was get a florida title with tax exempt out of state buyer and give them the title.
You can also pull up the history on the car from GM and if you like I will do that and send you a copy.Anything I can do I will.
Enjoy the new car

If you want to deal with a chitty state as far as buying a car, come to NC. The only people that can get a temporary tag are dealers. Trying selling a car to someone if you have a lean on it. What it comes down to is if you don't have the money to pay the car off yourself (thus having the title ahead of time), they buyer has to pay your loan off, wait 10 days (or more) for the title to come back, and then hope that you are honest enough to transfer the title to them so FINALLY they can get plates. Since only dealers can issue temp tags, the buyer must pay your loan off and then wait before they can get tags for the vehicle that they just dropped all the money on. Let me tell ya, after going through that experience, I was real happy with the way Ohio deals with plates. And "instant" titles for that much.

hey Rick,you found your way here ,too!get the c6 yet?man,after reading all this nonsense,new york doesn't seem half bad!buyer buys car,buyer gets title,if buyer finances car in new york,buyer gets title w/lien on it!can't sell car without lien release to clear title for the next guy.or the next guy gets your lien on title.if out of state involved ,bank might hold title till paid off. lots of rediculous paperwork in new york,and they started charging a 2.50 "waste tire managment fee"last sept,another way to pick our pockets,but the title thing,my car,my title!oh,and then there's the in-transit plate,where the buyer gets temp tag.and all the dmv paperwork and gets his/her own title when they get home!

Vette Poor said:
Problem with an Ohio dealer is that the stupid state requires the vehicle to be titled in Ohio even though it is an out of state purchase. Plain ass stupid and no one in their right mind would buy from Ohio unless they lived there.

LOL

My wife and I just bought a 2004 Crown Victoria to use as my new daily driver from a dealership near Cleveland, Ohio. I live in Michigan and did not have to title the car in Ohio. I drove the car home, they sent me some paperwork to bring to the MI Secretary of State office and a check for the sales tax (based on our negotation) and it was as easy as that!

Sorry to hear you had such a hard time in Ohio.

-J.

korvettekarl said:
Unfortunately these cars are at Bill Heard Chevrolet or Vista Chevrolet.Both are owned by Bill Heard. I went to have a look and was given the third degree and a very ridiculous trade in value for my 2000 FRC. Had to threaten to call the police to get my keys back after telling them I would rather pay cash than $1400 a month for 84 months. A very hard pressure dealership. I won't be back.

:mad Thanks for the head up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom