Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Convertible

not my car. Just wanted to show what that color combo looks like. :w

not my car. Just wanted to show what that color combo looks like. :w

Got it.

Personally I like the black better, and a tan top is just about impossible to keep clean.......:)

I have seen several Kalahari interior and top C7 combinations and a few of them don't match very well.
Some of the tops have a slight pink tint to them.

Maybe you already know this, but I just found out you could go to your menu pages and have the song title, group and year show up on your Nav screen. :w

Attachments

• P1070909.jpg
    P1070909.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 118
Top up

Attachments

• L1030515.jpg
    L1030515.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 77
new rims

Attachments

• L1030517.jpg
    L1030517.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 78
  • L1030516.jpg
    L1030516.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 88
C7 Convertible with hood stripe and chrome rims. :w

Attachments

• L1030519.jpg
    L1030519.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 78
  • L1030520.jpg
    L1030520.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 75
C7 front :w

Attachments

• L1030523.jpg
    L1030523.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 85
  • L1030521.jpg
    L1030521.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 83
Goodenuf

Attachments

• L1030524.jpg
    L1030524.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 86
  • L1030527.jpg
    L1030527.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 89
overhead view :w

Attachments

• L1030539.jpg
    L1030539.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 80
  • L1030538.jpg
    L1030538.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 92
Off to Kissimmee and Orlando in the morning.
Hope to see great Corvettes at the NCRS judging and Mechum auction. :w

Roger

Stingray from chrome to now black

Attachments

• P1020663.jpg
    P1020663.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 81
  • P1020662a.jpg
    P1020662a.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 85
  • P1020661.jpg
    P1020661.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 88
Stingray from chrome to now black

That is interesting. After seeing your avatar a couple of times I bought a pair of OEM C7 emblems from my local dealer and installed them on my C5. I didn't like the bright chrome and painted them a very light black chrome since my car is black. I really like the real black color of the emblem on your car, I think it looks great on the red body. Very cool. :)

The Stingray emblem is painted Carbon Flash Metallic that matches the hood scoop and side scoops and rear spoiler.
It was purchased aftermarket. I still have the original chrome/plastic ones.
Please post a photo of your emblems and where you placed them. :w

The Stingray emblem is painted Carbon Flash Metallic that matches the hood scoop and side scoops and rear spoiler.
It was purchased aftermarket. I still have the original chrome/plastic ones.
Please post a photo of your emblems and where you placed them. :w

I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to post pictures, but the color is just a little darker than the chrome so as to still be visible on a black colored vehicle, and I printed multiple C7 pictures of where the emblems were placed so I could put them as close as I could to the OEM C7 placement.

How hard was it to remove the OEM emblems from your car? Just curious in case I ever decide to remove them in the future, for now they are staying on.

Wrap dental floss around your fingers just like you would normally use it.

Start at the tail and work it back and forth.

The floss may wear out and break. Use another piece.
You may need to use some spirits or denatured alcohol to take off some residue. :w

Thanks for the info, I was told to do it that way but it is nice to have conformation.

I may have gotten lucky with the pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN0796.jpg
    DSCN0796.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN0801.jpg
    DSCN0801.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 81
Photos of your car look great.
I like the rims. :w

The manual says the complete operation takes approximately 25 seconds.

You can use the key fob to put the top down from outside the car.
You can not use the key fob to put the top up.

While at the NCM last spring, they had GM engineers and a convertible (was a prototype) present and not all functions worked (such as the trunk opener). I asked about the fob and raising the top. Told me that the GM attorneys were concerned about liability if someone raised the top with someone in the convertible and they could not get out or had a panic attack. This is what was told to me. Personally, I would have liked to have the option to raise the top with the fob.

Love the car color (I am Red Vette) and when I order mine, it will have a red interior. Wish GM had the option of red carpets. Don't know which of my 3 vettes I'll sell/trade-in as wife says no to 4 Corvettes. Probably the 08 convertible. If I sell, I can have 4 Corvettes until the sale is complete. Maybe I'll set the price too high and everyone will pass. There is nothing better than owning 3 Corvettes unless it's owning 4 Corvettes.

Barrett

While at the NCM last spring, they had GM engineers and a convertible (was a prototype) present and not all functions worked (such as the trunk opener). I asked about the fob and raising the top. Told me that the GM attorneys were concerned about liability if someone raised the top with someone in the convertible and they could not get out or had a panic attack. This is what was told to me. Personally, I would have liked to have the option to raise the top with the fob.

Love the car color (I am Red Vette) and when I order mine, it will have a red interior. Wish GM had the option of red carpets. Don't know which of my 3 vettes I'll sell/trade-in as wife says no to 4 Corvettes. Probably the 08 convertible. If I sell, I can have 4 Corvettes until the sale is complete. Maybe I'll set the price too high and everyone will pass. There is nothing better than owning 3 Corvettes unless it's owning 4 Corvettes.

Barrett

I just read that carefully now. So, you can lower the top while moving up to 30 mph, but you CANNOT raise the top while moving up to 30 mph, to raise the top you would have to pull over and be stationary? And it is the fob you use and not a button in the interior?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom