Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Corvette: I don't think so, but interesting...

It looks like a mating of the Lamborghini, Audi A8 and the Cadillac XLR. I tell ya, it's going to be mid-engine real soon. Like my prediction, it's going to have a V-10 and it's possible to be called the LS10. The sharp edges in the front have to go as does the current Z06 scoop. You're not going to need that. The hood could be a more "flatter" design. The outside mirrors have to go also. I can see mirrors mounted to the "A" pillars. Maybe a pair of really low profile scoops on the roof for the passenger compartment or intake. The C6 Z06 wheels have to go also as do the tires. No runflats this time. Makes for a harsh ride anyway. Lastly, incorporate doors similiar to the mid-year coupes where the tops blended in with the roof.

Definately a Lambo/XLR combo if ive ever seen one. That would be way too big a departure, especially on the rear end which seems to curve outward. The compartment also seems a bit too tapered.

Sticking to the general C6 shape might be the best option.

That car has a "defining line" right at the A-pillar...from there forward, it's C6 all the way...from there back, it's not even a Corvette.

Corvette is just not a mid-engine car, never has been, and I don't think the time is right to change that now. Not with the current popularity of "retro" designs. The mid-engine concept just completely screws up the overall "look"...and let's face it, that "look" defines what is a Corvette every bit as much as the insanity under the hood! :D

Make a overpriced mid-engine supercar...sure that'd be cool, but it wouldn't be a Corvette.

JMO...

Bill

Why would it be called a c7 when it looks very similar to a c6, why not just leave it as a c6 whats the rush to get to the c7? and didnt they try to make the corvette a mid engine car once before?

That looks like a photochopped Cadillac Cien...

Cadillac_Cien.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom