Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Corvette Production to Move to Saturn Plant

BG Corvettes

I don't want to believe they'd do that to the NCM! That'd be selling 'em out. :nono
Do you really think GM cares ????? GM has sold out every town they had product in. What to you think about St. Louis. Wasn't a pleasant move.
They screwed the town of Norwood, Ohio ending Camaro production. GM had the town give millions in tax cuts, railway and special highway for the plant and poof......gone. Go up to Canada with Camaro production(no health care) and screwed the City of St. Theresa also. So Bowling Green......watch out !

GM likes the NCM and does A LOT to support the NCM. Regardless, GM is in business to make money.

Depending on their financial situation and whether or not they can develop a good, strong business case to do so, GM would have no problems silencing Bowling Green Assembly, or moving it to another plant.

IF Corvette sales took an incessant nose dive and GM determined that it was costing them more money to build the car than they were making off of it, GM would have no problem killing the Corvette and/or moving it's production to an assembly plant that might (and I say MIGHT because I mean NO disrespect to Bowling Green Assembly) be more efficient and could save money.

The NCM is a separate entity from GM and Bowling Green Assembly.

With all of this said, I am NOT saying that BGA is inefficient or could save more money than it does. I'm merely posing a hypothetical. I don't work for BGA and I am in NO position to make assumptions about its finances - so please do not email me chastising me for my comments.

....thank you.

Last but not least, don't forget, the C5 almost didn't see the light of day....

Do you really think GM cares ????? GM has sold out every town they had product in. What to you think about St. Louis. Wasn't a pleasant move.
They screwed the town of Norwood, Ohio ending Camaro production. GM had the town give millions in tax cuts, railway and special highway for the plant and poof......gone. Go up to Canada with Camaro production(no health care) and screwed the City of St. Theresa also. So Bowling Green......watch out !
You are forgetting Rochester Products and Delco/AC Rochester.
They made all of the Rochester carburetors and power window motors and power antennas for our Vettes and every other GM car until they shut down the plants in Rochester.

You are forgetting Rochester Products and Delco/AC Rochester.
They made all of the Rochester carburetors and power window motors and power antennas for our Vettes and every other GM car until they shut down the plants in Rochester.
Hi Pete, I will Never forget the screwing not only by GM....but that F*****G french company Valeo who bought ITT(Delco Products).
The Greatest, BEST, Still the Largest car company in the world and GM keeps making BAD Decision after Bad Decision every day. The company is run(at the top) by bean counters with NO COMMON SENSE. Zora had these problems, but there were still men at GM who LOVED cars at the time and pushed the bean counters aside time and time again.
Just like Rob said about the C5 almost didn't make it. Jim Perkins and Dave Hill at Chevrolet saved the Corvette. These are (men) car guys..........with gasoline in their blood. Tom Wallace is another Great Car guy, but can he defeat the bean counters ? Only time and Corvette will tell.
A car is not a Cereal or home soap product. Can't add more raisins to sell the car like a brand of cereal. Cars are name plates......Cereals are Brands .
Zora must be turning in the Grave. My.02 and rant. Save the Wave.>George

No matter where they build it, I just hope they continue to do so. Not like Ford and bring out the TBird after several years away.
But, they are going to do it with the Camaro.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom