Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Corvette Will Have a Split Window

I just had an idea... What if the corvette had head-light lenses that were the same color as the paint, but when an electrical charge is applied, the glass turns clear and the lights shine thru...:upthumbs

It is futuristic and has a similar concept as the hide-aways...:cool

I would like to see hide-away-headlights too!! They have been with corvette from almost the begining and look awesome...

The beginning started with exposed headlights. Hope they stay and carry on the exposed headlights of the original Corvette.

Hidden headlights - Big NO!
In 63' they made a bold "jaw-dropping" style statement which turned heads miles away!
Today it looks outdated, archaic, and out of place in today's sports car design.
I think the Corvette design team is an incredible bunch to consistently put out awesome looking designs.

Split window - Not sure, but if based on past design and sight unseen, I'll probably like it.

What I really like to see as an option is if they could incorporate side exhaust. Not something tacky or boy racer type, but similar to the Viper.

Just another opinion...........

The C5 and C6 has a basic feel to it when you sit inside, almost like an upgraded cobalt...

Dogfish does have a point here. The steering wheel on a C6 is a center emblem away from the very same steering wheel on a Cobalt... I've always thought it was mistake for Chevy to use that steering wheel in the vette!!! :ugh

Okay,

I once came across a downed flying saucer in area 51 years ago with that kind of technology...opaque material changing to transparent when light passed through from one side. That's where we got the technology used to develop the observation room mirrors they use in CSI interrogation rooms...And the tinted auto glass colors we use today. :boogie

But seriously, jokes aside, it's an awesome idea...I wish I could see it on my C6.:thumb

No, I’m not Looney…yet. Really!

Yes-sideswipe,yes split window,yes everything! I want one now!I saw it I wanted it, i cried,i got it!:chuckle wife says;:boogie:boogie:bash;shrug

The C5 and C6 has a basic feel to it when you sit inside, almost like an upgraded cobalt...

Dogfish does have a point here. The steering wheel on a C6 is a center emblem away from the very same steering wheel on a Cobalt... I've always thought it was mistake for Chevy to use that steering wheel in the vette!!! :ugh

Its more then a center emblem away. The radio control buttons are on the left side on a Cobalt and the on the right side for the C6. By the way the steering wheel used in the 1976 model Corvettes was borrowed from the subcompact Vega GT. So, it looks as though this is something that has been done in the past. So, I guess they are sticking with tradition, which is what the Corvette is all about.

I am sure that there are dozens of parts on past and current Corvettes that are shared with many other past Chevrolet and current GM vehicles. Too many to even begin to list. Its all about keeping the MSRP down.

All im saying is I would like to see more origniality... When you sit in a C4 Vette, its like nothing else on the road... Nothing!

I would like to think that all factors were considered when making the choice to go fixed. That would include the drag, weight, styling and cost. I don't however believe that cost was the over whelming decision maker. As technologies change I believe most people want the best overall choice to make use of these technologies. Just to point out a few, electronic fuel injection, propshaft in torque tube, dry sump oil systems, superchargers, etc… Even head lights. I’m sure the cost has dropped, but HID head lights may even cost more than the standard head lamp with hiding mechanism. :cool

I agree! The difference between the effectiveness of the headlights on my C5 with upgraded bulbs and the C6 is night and day...pun intended. Headlights are a vital safety issue, and a car with the performance characteristics of the Vette should have the most effective lights possible.

I've always wanted to see a Corvette with the engine behind the occupants. Although I don't think it will happen with the C7, I am hoping for it to eventually be reality.

I've always wanted to see a Corvette with the engine behind the occupants. Although I don't think it will happen with the C7, I am hoping for it to eventually be reality.

Here is your opportunity to see a rear engine Corvette, granted it is a bit dated and only a concept, but it is a rear engine Corvette.

1964 Corvette XP-819 Rear Engine

Do it right this time.

Retro design is so retro, where were they 10 years ago when it was selling? :duh

Let them design a Corvette that is Corvette, not a rehash like they did when they re-skinned the C5 to make a C6. :confused

Do something like they did when they dumped the tired C4 design for the C5 or even something like the passage of the C3 for the C4.:thumb

Its more then a center emblem away. The radio control buttons are on the left side on a Cobalt and the on the right side for the C6. By the way the steering wheel used in the 1976 model Corvettes was borrowed from the subcompact Vega GT. So, it looks as though this is something that has been done in the past. So, I guess they are sticking with tradition, which is what the Corvette is all about.

I am sure that there are dozens of parts on past and current Corvettes that are shared with many other past Chevrolet and current GM vehicles. Too many to even begin to list. Its all about keeping the MSRP down.

I agree, the multi-function turn signal lever and auto transmission control in a C4 is the same as just about any GM car of the time. I guess the steering wheel just jumps out at me and says Cobalt because I own a 07' Cobalt and the basic design of the steering wheel is the same. :L It also doesn't help that the steering wheel more of a focal point of the dash than something like the multi-function turn signal lever is.

i hate my steering wheel..lol
its too big and has a giant air bag in the center..
makes hard to read the guages.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom