Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 vs C5 design

ChildishEgg

The C7 is my current favorite Corvette. The C5 has taken my liking recently and is coming in hot to take it’s place. In design of the cars I’m conflicted on which one looks better. The C5 looks smooth and comfortable, while the C7 is looks more aggressive and sounds better. The C7 fits the color Laguna Blue (which in my opinion is the best color for a Corvette) better then the C5 but the C5 fits black and maroon better. The C7 taillights are controversial and I personally like them. They look better than the C5 stock taillights but the halo taillight mod looks better than the C7 taillights. Next is interior, the C7 takes the cake for me with this one. While the C5 convertible looks very nice the C7 looks more comfortable and aggressive at the same time. Which one do you like more?

I had a 1999 Convertible that I should never have sold. I really knew the car. It had all the options but the 3 thousand dollar wheels. It is still here in town. A friend of mine bought it. I think he may put 50 miles on it during the summer. I really like my 2019 but it is a lot more advanced for an old fossil like me. I have about 8,500 miles on my 2019 now.

Depends on what you are looking for. To me, the C5 and C6 have more room on the interior. The C7 interior reminds me more of the C4, a little tighter, more cockpit-like. The C4 more-so, because of the way the side door-sills are so high, you actually step down into the car and the drivetrain (center hump) is so high you have the feeling of a cocoon The C7 gave me a similar feel, but no high sills, just the center console felt high and divided the driver and passenger sides. Not a horrible feeling, just way different than my C5 or C6.

Depends on what you are looking for. To me, the C5 and C6 have more room on the interior. The C7 interior reminds me more of the C4, a little tighter, more cockpit-like. The C4 more-so, because of the way the side door-sills are so high, you actually step down into the car and the drivetrain (center hump) is so high you have the feeling of a cocoon The C7 gave me a similar feel, but no high sills, just the center console felt high and divided the driver and passenger sides. Not a horrible feeling, just way different than my C5 or C6.
I see. Sometimes I wonder how many old Corvette’s will be left because they can go up to 200,000 miles on them if taken care of but I feel like many of these will reach their limit soon.

I love my C5. It's roomy, handles well, has enough power for an old dinosaur like me, and it still looks good after all these years. However, I give the nod for overall eye appeal to the C7.
DSCF0004 (2).JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0005 (2).JPG
    DSCF0005 (2).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 295058368_418397143682653_3167221077547875189_n.jpg
    295058368_418397143682653_3167221077547875189_n.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 57
  • OPT_4_2 (1).jpg
    OPT_4_2 (1).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I had a 1999 Corvette Convertible I purchased new. It had all the options but the 3,000 dollars wheels. Like a dummy I sold it. .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom