Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CAC saved me again

Corvette
1988 Flame red coupe 4+3
I was having a serious starting issue with my 88. It would start, run about 1 or 2 seconds and stall. It would do this anywhere from 2 to 10 times before it would start and keep running. When it ran, it ran fine. Just put in new plugs, cap, rotor, coil, etc. a couple months before problem started. Tried searching the C4 forum and found a three year old post from someone with the same problem. Turned out to be a faulty MAF relay. Apparently, the ecm wasn't getting the right voltage reading from the relays. Replaced them both (burn-off and power ) and car starts fine. Can't thank everyone here enough for all their efforts in making this the greatest vette site ever. I've literally saved hundreds of dollars on my car just by researching the problems other people have had and the solutions offered by the members. Thanks again to all of you. Rob, if you ever need $$$ support again, I'll be one of the first to contribute again. The best $5 i've ever spent.

Murf

Murf,
thats why it is so important that when we post a problem, we come back and post the remedy, thats what makes this work!
Tom

CAC is the single best source of information for Vettes. I fixed most of my problems by being patient, reviewing CAC, posting my message and eventually deciding the path porward.

Thanks to CAC and all contributors.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom