Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: California Duster

WLS Ruby 93

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Coupe
I'm just curious about the California Duster. I have been using one for a little over a year on my cars and was wondering how long these things last? So chime in and let me know.
I live on a gravel road one mile off the paved road and dust my '98 TRC every time I come back home and it stays sparklng clean but I can never figure out just where all the dust goes. I figure that by now the Duster ought to weigh about 400 pounds but it doesn't.
It's a great product and I have the mini duster for the interior which works very well also.
If you are new to the "Duster" be aware that on a hot day in the sun it can streak windows so dust ever so lighlty over glass.

Keep 'em rollin' :W...... and clean!
Bill

I'm just curious about the California Duster. I have been using one for a little over a year on my cars and was wondering how long these things last? So chime in and let me know...

I've used a California duster on every car since 1999. They are great. They last between 6 months and a year depending on your usage.

Kozak cloths work pretty good too.

kozak-car-app.jpg

I LOVE my CD.

Lay it on newspaper when it's new (for 24 hours) to soak up the paraffin.

I have several of 'em.

Jim

They seem to get better with age.
The blacker the better, according to the manufacturer. I also have several that I've won as door prizes etc. I use the oldest one now on my chrome wheels and engine bay, and my newest one for the paint and glass surfaces. They're made for light dust removal.....not to clean off heavy dirt! If you see streaks, then you need to wash your car. I keep my 2nd newest one in my coupe hatch for road trips. I've used them for over 15 years. :thumb

I'm on my third duster. Car gets about 2000 miles over 8 months a year. I have used each for 3 years, then replaced and moved to wheels and under hood. If I drove more or lived in a dirtier area, I would probably chang sooner.

Mark.

i have been using the same cd for about 7 years, and it works just like it did when it was new.... great product!!!!

kozak-car-app.jpg

I've also used both but, the kozak is the one that I use the most. When they get old and nasty, I use them on the wheels.

Dave

I used to keep mine in the garage but the heat,I thought,made it smear so I keep it inside. Maybe the car was just dirty? What's your thoughts?

I used to keep mine in the garage but the heat,I thought,made it smear so I keep it inside. Maybe the car was just dirty? What's your thoughts?

Cajun C4,
I did notice once or twice that the CD will leave "Grease streaks" on the glass and body if the car was sitting in the hot summer sun for a while. One time when I pulled it into the garage the body and glass were still hot and the streaks showed up when I used the CD. I used Maguire's spray detailer to remove the streaks. I guess it must be from the silicone melting at the warmer temperatures.
I would think you would have to be especially aware in the summer having a black car in Louisiana. It's not just the food that's hot in your neck of the woods.
Other than that I agree with everybody above it's a great product and I'll add it's priced fairly as well.

Keep 'em rollin'. :W
Bill

Since my Z is a weekend/Mon&Fri car, I can go awhile b/t washes. The dust accumulates on the booty, and the hood most obviously compared to other areas. I was just thinking about a CD, but I was concerned about scratching the paint. Silver is very forgiving in that it doesn't show any imperfections even shining a spotlight on it in a dark garage. Given this, maybe I should use it lightly b/t washes. The car has a nice silky texture since it has been waxed recently so that should help with the CD gliding action.

thinking about it..........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom