Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

California plates wanted

Jeroenvgfn

Corvette
1986 Black Coupe RPO Z51
I am looking for a set of 1986 Californian plates.

the blue with yellow letters.

we can find them overhere in The Netherlands but these guys are asking top dollar for them :eyerole

I need them for showcase of my 1986 Coupe,

anyone who can help me ?

thanks in advance

There's a current Ebay auction for a blue background yellow letter California plate that is titled '83-'84, but it doesn't have any dated stickers on it. You can look at it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CALIFORNIA-LICE...0QQihZ016QQcategoryZ35994QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It isn't perfect but you may be able to repair the scratches.

Let me know if this one will suffice - if not I'll keep an eye out for another.

:w Jane Ann

I am looking for a set of 1986 Californian plates.

the blue with yellow letters.

I need them for showcase of my 1986 Coupe,

anyone who can help me ?

thanks in advance
I am in Japan at the moment, but will get back to SoCalif after the 1st of the month.

Shoot me an e-mail if you still need a plate, or do you need two?

there is no way to ID the plate for any particular year, short of the small sticker that gives the year. I may be able to pull a set from an old Suburban that we are dumping, but there are only three numbers and three letters; hardly from 1986.... IF it matters.

Mike

I am in Japan at the moment, but will get back to SoCalif after the 1st of the month.

Shoot me an e-mail if you still need a plate, or do you need two?

there is no way to ID the plate for any particular year, short of the small sticker that gives the year. I may be able to pull a set from an old Suburban that we are dumping, but there are only three numbers and three letters; hardly from 1986.... IF it matters.

Mike

Thanks , I am still looking for a plate,

initially I was looking for a set but since the front plate is mounted under my car I am not going to exchange that every meeting.

I do not know if the 3 numbers and 3 letters was in the early eighties but yes please I would like to have this plate.

can you find out what shippingcosts are to Europe , The Netherlands ?

thanks, in advance

The six-digit plates are on a 1977 Suburban and are probably the original plates. I was thinking of removing them from the truck anyway, as the engine is damaged and not likely to be repaired.

If the 1986 sticker is important to you, for your display, I will have to check to see if it is affixed. There were so many stickers on the plate, that I think I removed many off them, to preclude theft.

I get a huge discount on FedEx, but can check on more exact pricing if you wish.

I seem to recall your hot-looking blue C4. I really like the wheels and headlight treatment. Was that your car and was it crashed?

Nice family, by the way. I have three sons and don't get the hugs from a daughter, as you most certainly do.

Mike

The six-digit plates are on a 1977 Suburban and are probably the original plates. I was thinking of removing them from the truck anyway, as the engine is damaged and not likely to be repaired.

If the 1986 sticker is important to you, for your display, I will have to check to see if it is affixed. There were so many stickers on the plate, that I think I removed many off them, to preclude theft.

I get a huge discount on FedEx, but can check on more exact pricing if you wish.

I seem to recall your hot-looking blue C4. I really like the wheels and headlight treatment. Was that your car and was it crashed?

Nice family, by the way. I have three sons and don't get the hugs from a daughter, as you most certainly do.

Mike

when the plates are 70'ies digits probably some guys overhere will smart ass when they look at the car displayed but that does not matter to me,

I will fabricate a 1986 sticker and put it on , no problem, does it have the month sticker still ? would be nice.

I do not have had another Corvette, this black is my first and own it already for 7 years now.

about the sons, you will get nice daughters eventually but I doubt you may hug them :L

yesterday there was a technical meeting at my Corvette Shop and my daughter (age 2 ) shook hands with the famous Gordon and Chris Killebrew :upthumbs
they were flown in specially for this weekend.

So the little girl will be a princes with a hot for real wheels instead of ponies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom