Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

California Politicians WANT YOUR CAR!!

dsagers said:
I strongly differ here. What the masses do understand is a scam. Yes, we hate to be inconvenienced... especially when the motivation is greed, money, power and politics, and has nothing to do with the truth.

Global warming & ozone depletion are a result of the Sun's activity. Auto emissions have relatively little effect.

You have to be deeply intellectually dishonest to ignore the effects of the Sun and claim that climate changes are the result cars and Man's activity. Just think for a minute about the vast power and influence the Sun has on Earth, and try to tell me with a straight face that our cars are even a dot on the map as compared to the immense energy released by the Sun. One good sun flare eruption and we could all be toast.

Another item, Mt St Helens sure belched out a lot of pollution in the last couple of weeks. I doubt that all the cars in Calif could put out that much pollution if they were run at redline 24/7 for years & years.

This is the reason its called JUNK SCIENCE

Ever wonder the reason we can't get an accurate 2 day weather forecast, but activitists and scientists (for sale to the highest bidder), can tell us the forecast for 20 years from now?

What about the vast destruction the environmentalists caused with the Exxon Valdez accident? The areas left alone by the clean up crews have recovered faster and better than the areas scrubbed by the crews. The hysterical environmentalists should have let the entire area alone, it would have been better. Illustrating once again that these so called environmental experts don't have a clue about what is really happening or how to solve a problem.

I once heard it called Global Bologna, which is a much more accurate description of the environmentalists whining, than anything else.

The real motivation behind the environmentalist's agenda is to take away private property rights and put the Global UN Government in control of everything. They want your cars, they want to tell you what you can do with your land, if you can build on it, clear off the weeds and brush, or if you have to leave it completely undeveloped because some obscure bug was seen on the land some time in the last 20 years. Didn't your dumb arse leader, Al Gore write in his book that the internal combustion engine is the greatest threat in the 20th Century.

I also see that Al Gore and other environmentalists want the global human population reduced by some 50% in the next 20 years. Talk about concern for future generations...

Who goes into the gas chambers first? Maybe the environmentalists will set a good example and be first in line to rid the world of excess population.

I could go on and on with examples of where the environmentalists made outrageous, even apocalyptic predictions of what the world would be like in 20 or 30 years, and now that those years have passed these wild predictions turned out to be nothing more than fear mongering. In the last 35 years I wonder how much money environmentalists have extorted from businesses and governments to fund their fraudulent activities and line their own pockets.

I couldn't agree with you more.:upthumbs Well stated.

Bob Chadwick said:
Methane is a large source of pollution and creates ozone issues as well. Largest producer of methane. Cows. Guess we're going to see catalytic converters hanging off the tail ends of these guys pretty soon. ;LOL

Hey Bob, you joke!
Do you believe the Government here tried to bring in a tax on Farmers for the methane output of thier stock, based on head of cows per land area, I kid you not.
Commonly known by the media as F.A.R.T tax, this bill was defeated (for now!) by a crazy group of Farmers who drove thier tractors up the steps of Parliment.

Mind you, on second thought, I think Ive attached the word crazy to the wrong group?:L

Not Only In America

As other countries move out of third world status and into automobile and industrial prosperity they will pollute much more than us. Our hobby will not help very muchif it is lost. Many people who are in the car hobby are true supporters of freedom and to let us be the scape goat, which we will be, will ultimately weaken our countries believe in freedom and equality. Loss of our support is too much to lose for America for the small percentage of polution that would be eliminated. We are the small guy in envirmental issues. The big guys that pollute will support this bill because it buys them time.

cal

So basically War Veteran coming back from fighting for the lives of his fellow Americans(Kalifornians) will not be able to take his original early 70's Covette for his Sunday drive to the show'n'shine....:crazy ...Can't these useless gov't officials find a real job instead or better yet send THEM to fight for FREEDOM.

I am Canadian and even I know that American soldiers fight for the WORLD"S FREEDOM.........and now you want to take some of that freedom away?..:nono

Why doesn't the Gov't force their officials use Hybride vehicle instead of limmos to set an example?

I think a good "cut back on gov't officials' expense account" would do alot more for the population and the environment...invest that money to build more energy efficient daily driver vehicles.

The gov't(Canadian and US) uses every excuse imaginable to "work on legislatures" and create jobs for themselves....ie: "studies" and "surveys".....How come I and anyone I know has ever been asked to participate in one of those "surveys"?

I could go on and on but what the heck for?:puke I'll just go for a ride my frustration will disappear in no time.

Maybe taking away our old cars is part of the plan

Maybe taking away our old cars is part of the plan, the plan to change America. We are different now and changing, or losing our country depending on how you look at it. This is not a political statement. If driving my old car really was damaging the envirement, I would stop, but it is not and there are many other soures that are. I like much of what America was and is. But if your going to sell me anything do it in english. The money I earn is mine and my families, so when I give it to the government I expect it to be spent supporting our way of life and I expect the truth. They are nipping away at us.

Was that too over the wall?

ATT00015.jpg

Died last year

I believe this bill died last year
cal

Uncle Sam Keeps Looking, But...........

chevyaddict said:
I understand.... but unfortunatley it is those very attitudes that have gotton us into this environmental problem and circumstances in the first place. We think we all "deserve" to have what we want when we want it regardless of the cost...... it is the human condition.

Dawn
My wife's 77 Corvette has been subjected to this bi-annual inspection since new. A pain in the butt yes, but as good citizens.....we all get it done, or do not drive any moor.

I held my own smog licence from 1974 till I sold my shop in 1998. What people don't realize is if you keep your car in good tune it will pass the test with no problems. The problem is when you take a 77 Corvette and stuff a 454 big block in it, add a 780 double pumper carb, throw away the A.I.R. pump system, and cat convertors, and make wild modifications to the engine. Now that beast won't idle........emits 1400HC, and 7.00% CO and violate even the 1955 acceptable levels of emmision.

The other problem here in California is our cars don't rust away.........so many 1976 thru 1985 cars are still on the road driven by poor people that can't afford a new car. These are the people who will suffer the most. And in a state full of Democrats and attitudes, I don't see how it will pass the assembly.

cal camara said:
I believe this bill died last year
cal

Actually this bill passed, and is in effect. Here is the quote from the DMV website:

Some vehicles are exempt from the Smog Check program
Legislation enacted during 2004 made several changes in motor vehicle Smog Check exemptions that will become effective next year. Following is a summary of the revised exemptions and the effective date of each change:
Beginning January 1, 2005, vehicles 6 or less model-years old will be exempt from the biennial Smog Check inspection requirement. For vehicles with registration renewals due in the 2005 calendar year, this exemption includes model-years 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.
Beginning January 1, 2005, vehicles 4 or less model-years old will be exempt from the Smog Check inspection requirement upon change of ownership and transfer of title transactions with DMV. In 2005, this exemption includes model-years 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.

Beginning April 1, 2005, the 30-year rolling exemption will be repealed. Instead, vehicles 1975 model-year and older will be exempt. Therefore, 1976 model-year and newer vehicles will continue to be subject to biennial inspection indefinitely.

Beginning April 1, 2005, vehicles being initially registered in California that were previously registered in another state will be exempt if the vehicle is a 1975 and older model-year vehicle. Newer vehicles, the first 6 model years, are not exempted upon initial registration in California. These vehicles are required to undergo a Smog Check Inspection.​

Dont know if anybody has said this or not ,but you need to get the likes of Jay Leno,and others that own alot of old cars to stand up and fight this along with the rest of us. They have the reconition and power to be noticed.I live in Maryland and they always follow what California does.

Now that WAS funny! Ken, you make me raugh! I am actually staying pretty light on the discussion. I get this frequently. People keep trying to justify their behavior when there is no justification really. I am just as much to blame as the rest of it and that is WORSE..... because I know better......;shrug
know better than who ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom