Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

California Politicians WANT YOUR CAR!!

bobchad said:
No. They are the poorly maintained vehicle that needs rings, etc. and is belching out black and blue smoke as they drive down the road.
Nooo.. that is not true. Even the brand new vehicles (although they are polluting SIGNIFICANTLY less) are still spewing pollution... period. En masse this is where 90+ percent of our pollutants are coming from. I wish I had the exact stats with me but I don't. It doesn't take much CO to interact with the naturally existing gases to create "bad" particles!

This type of legislation has a ripple effect that will be felt far and wide. I would guess that it will hurt the resale value of post 76 cars and make them less likely canidates for restoration. That would reduce the market for parts making them less profitable to reproduce. The speed equipment business would also be effected. Results being layoffs and closed businesses all for an unmeasurable reduction in smog.

That's what'll happen - it'll serve to split the hobbyists into two groups: those with pre- '76 cars and those after '76. :(

W1CTC said:
This type of legislation has a ripple effect that will be felt far and wide. I would guess that it will hurt the resale value of post 76 cars and make them less likely canidates for restoration. That would reduce the market for parts making them less profitable to reproduce. The speed equipment business would also be effected. Results being layoffs and closed businesses all for an unmeasurable reduction in smog.
None of that will matter if we are all dead in 100 years....

We all will be dead in a hundred years. Our children may not be, but we sure will! :L

Sorry - I just gotta lighten up sometimes. ;)

Ken said:
We all will be dead in a hundred years. Our children may not be, but we sure will! :L

Sorry - I just gotta lighten up sometimes. ;)
Now that WAS funny! Ken, you make me raugh! I am actually staying pretty light on the discussion. I get this frequently. People keep trying to justify their behavior when there is no justification really. I am just as much to blame as the rest of it and that is WORSE..... because I know better......;shrug

As I read through the replies to this post, I can only think of what Arnold said last night at the RNC about those of us who would like to rely less on our government in terms of telling what to do!

Doc

The Information Unit on Climate Change takes methane pollution caused by cattle much more seriously. They state that methane is the second most dangerous gas resulting from humans, which contributes to the greenhouse effect. Scientist now believe that methane gas is responsible for 15% of "man induced climate change." There are other sources that contribute to the amount of methane being exposed to atmosphere. Livestock contributes to 15-20% of the methane. The Information Unit also states that livestock farming results in more methane pollution than "fossil fuel production, biomass burning, landfills and domestic sewage."

COW BELCHING AND IT’S EFFECT ON THE ENVIRONMENT

I had actually read somewhere and couldn't find it that cows were the number one polluter. ;LOL

chevyaddict said:
Ken, you make me raugh!
With you Dawn, I always have to check before I assume anything, like "Did she make a typographical error, or is 'raugh' a new word?"

So, in following a little research, I came up with this:
death (an ending, it's over (especially feuds or love-affairs)): raugh
Or this, from Werewolf.com:
I really don't have many physical similarities. OK, my thumbnails curl when they get long so they sorta resemble claws but it's more of a trait of weak nails than anything else. I do the whole growl/whine thing, and if someon makes me mad and I reallly have to yell at them , kinda of make a barking sound, like a "Raugh" sound. For a while now I've been doing Grim's "smile" too. When I yawn, my tongue comes out and curls, and I don't even think about it. I sleep curled up, though in humans, it's called the "fetal position." I do it mostly for warmth and security since I'm kind of an insecure person...
Or this from ViennaMetBlogs:
Of course we find all the usual voyeuristic, intimate stuff of a real-life-soap, but moreover we see the shrinking group perambulate the whole raugh territory of Austria.
How about this one from Wikipedia User Talk:
You've had a bit of raugh intro to wikipedia that page will 99.9% get deleted because it (probably) doesnt belong.
:L

Well, which is it? :L

No.... "raugh" is when an oriental person says laugh.....:t

I can't remember the name of movie I initially heard it from but it was with Michael Keaton and he was the manager of a car factory that was going under. He had to team up with an oriental guy to save the day. The oriental guy said, "you make me raugh"......

Glensgages said:
...and my friends wonder why I'd rather re-locate to Florida instead of California.....
Or you could move to Nevada..............it will have a lot of beach front property when California falls into the ocean!

Okay people, I was the guilty party in leading this thread downhill, but let's steer this back to where it belongs - our cars, our loves. :v

You have to admit though that it's nice not having our kids breathing lead vapor from gasoline.

FX GS said:
Or you could move to Nevada..............it will have a lot of beach front property when California falls into the ocean!
Yeah under the weight of stupid legislation!

Once again 10% is trying to tell the 90% how to live. I would be against this girly-man bill.My .02

Sorry chevy addict but i live my lifre one day at a time. in 100 years o wont be around and as a matter of fact im going to enjoy life driving my nice 1966 impala around which features NO cats. DOnt think youll have a problem arnold likes hummers. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom