Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Caliper?

Interesting thought. My EB doesn't work. In a fit of "Bubba-ism" a couple years ago, I removed all the parts from the left rear hub and cut the cables to the rear tires. I always planned to replace everything from the handle on back. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Next weekend is supposed to be rainy here. Good day to pull the rr tire off and have a look around. Maybe I will spring for the $8.50 and get the rotor turned.

Interesting thought. My EB doesn't work. In a fit of "Bubba-ism" a couple years ago, I removed all the parts from the left rear hub and cut the cables to the rear tires. I always planned to replace everything from the handle on back. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Next weekend is supposed to be rainy here. Good day to pull the rr tire off and have a look around. Maybe I will spring for the $8.50 and get the rotor turned.

A couple of years ago I restored my brake system, including all calipers, and the miniature drum parking brake system. My parking brake system (including the cables) was rusted and frozen. I replaced the insides with stainless steel. There lots of kits available for the job.

If you're planning to do the parking brakes, please plan ahead --- and read all you can find on how to do the job. To me it was a major pain, and honestly I cannot figure how these were installed on the production line. However in the end it was worth the trouble - I can at stop the car from rolling out of the garage if in neutral.

BTW, it's a parking brake, not an emergency brake --- it will never stop your Shark!

Good luck.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom