Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

callaway C6 honker

Corvette
08 Atomic orange, Z-51, 6 speed
Just finished installing my z06 callaway honker on my 2008/C6. Even with a very well laid out instruction booklet from callaway I was at a lost at times. Getting that cowling out is s nightmare in my opinion.Can anyone tell me if the oil clips are suooposed to go all the way around the pipe or just a click. I guess I will no tomorow morning. Corvette of houston says they do it in 2 hours. I took 8.I will say it is a HONKER. Its uses a k&n filter now with callaways name on it

Darkstar,

Please keep us posted on your results. I have an '08 at Callaway undergoing some work and obviously want to know how it works out .

I personally like to work on my own cars but then if there is a decent dealer that is nearby and has a relationship with Callaway I would think it is worth bringing them the business in order to save me the extra time and sweat. At the moment, I don't have that option but hope that I will soon.

-Luigi
:cool

I road tested it today for about a 30 minute low end run. At first it had a rough ldle and what seemed to be a miss. When I returned after the test run it was fine. By the way It makes the difference I thought. Will put on my Corsa sprt system next week. Combined I know I am gonna love it. I only wish I had a estimate of the horsepower and torque it will generate even at the flywheel. Perhaps Callaway can give me some idea. The gentleman @ callaway said to phone him next week to see if It had officially been released. As I said I bought mine from Corvette of Houston. So Far so good (No parts left)
Darkstar,

Please keep us posted on your results. I have an '08 at Callaway undergoing some work and obviously want to know how it works out .

I personally like to work on my own cars but then if there is a decent dealer that is nearby and has a relationship with Callaway I would think it is worth bringing them the business in order to save me the extra time and sweat. At the moment, I don't have that option but hope that I will soon.

-Luigi
:cool

I just finished installing the Callaway Double D Exhaust ( It was a breeze ) and the Honker Air Intake. I agree, taking the fan shroud off was a pain in the butt. It was also a pain puting it back. Getting the shroud back under the bottom bracket was painstaking. I stopped and went at it the next day with patience again and got it. I don't understand your oil clamp question. Did you look into the Double D exhaust before you made the Corsa choice. I'm very pleased and like the Double D tips only us Callaway people have. I'm curios to find out what you meant by the oil clamp.
Jeff

I just finished installing the Callaway Double D Exhaust ( It was a breeze ) and the Honker Air Intake. I agree, taking the fan shroud off was a pain in the butt. It was also a pain puting it back. Getting the shroud back under the bottom bracket was painstaking. I stopped and went at it the next day with patience again and got it. I don't understand your oil clamp question. Did you look into the Double D exhaust before you made the Corsa choice. I'm very pleased and like the Double D tips only us Callaway people have. I'm curios to find out what you meant by the oil clamp.
Jeff, I may have misled you by the part I was referring to. It was the oil coller retaining clips. I just could not get them to go on properly. I did as you on the shroud, waited until the next day. By the way do you think it would have been easier to have removed the entire front middle air dam to make it easier to bend the shroud ends ?? Also are you concerned about water a normal speeds (70-190) getting into the filter media? I was going to call Tony at callaway tomorrow to follow up. As for the Corsa exhaust I went with the CAC concenus. I am very pleased with them. They were easy to install (had to use my buddies lift at his garage though

Jeff. I may have miss led you. I was reffering to the oil cooler retaining clips. I had the darndest time reinstalling them properly. In fact I had to wait untl the next day because of frustration.
Do you think that in afterthought it would have been easier to have removed the entire middle air dam to make it easier to bend the ends of that fan shrould around?
What are your thougts on water getting in it at normal driving speeds (70-190)

Also are you concerned about water a normal speeds (70-190) getting into the filter media?

I have over 15,000 miles on Callaway Honkers without ANY issues. This is sunny day, rainy day, downpour day, soupy day, and snowy day driving :eek:hnoes :W

Again, Zero issues :w

I hope this helps :beer

Mike at Callaway said no problem with rain. They have done alot of testing. I did take out the middle spoiler,it helped quite a bit. Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom