Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Cars in XBOX video game

Ripp 76 said:
That is too Sweet... I don't think I am going to go out and buy a system just for this, however, Christmas is coming up... Very nice indeed

You are right - Christmas is indeed coming up - So, in the spirit of giving, should I give you my address to mail one?? :D :m

Let me get right on that 89x2. I'll tell you what though. If I get one for you, then you will get one for me right:rotfl ?

I guess I can now talk about PGR3. I was under a NDA until the game was announced. You may remember my thread long ago about getting dyno'd on a different type dyno called a Dyna Pack. Anyway, the reason I was there in the first place was to get my '87 recorded by the maker of PGR3. My '87 provided the sound for the Sledgehammer in PGR3. Too cool, or what?

My buddy's ZR-1 was recorded for PGR3 as well but they used his for the Z06 in the latest release of Forza. The Z06 really does sound like his ZR-1.:beer

Wow a small world two Callaway owners used in the same game . My car was used for the Sledgehammer Pics and yours for the sound. I hope you got documentation for this. Also Curious as to what you got from Xbox for this.
TAC said:
I guess I can now talk about PGR3. I was under a NDA until the game was announced. You may remember my thread long ago about getting dyno'd on a different type dyno called a Dyna Pack. Anyway, the reason I was there in the first place was to get my '87 recorded by the maker of PGR3. My '87 provided the sound for the Sledgehammer in PGR3. Too cool, or what?

My buddy's ZR-1 was recorded for PGR3 as well but they used his for the Z06 in the latest release of Forza. The Z06 really does sound like his ZR-1.:beer

Hmmm...I didn't even think about documentation. It's probably a good idea to ask and see what I can get. As for compensation I get a copy of the PGR game and, supposedly, we all get listed in the credits.

That is VERY COOL for the both of you guys :cool

Tim, how did they get in contact with you for this?? Was it due to your close proximity to MS?

Callaway4Fun, enjoy the attached :m

(also, don't forget your car was featured in the group picture w/ the project described in the Aug 2005 issue of Corvette Enthusiast Magazine :cool )

attachment.php

*89x2* said:
That is VERY COOL for the both of you guys :cool

Tim, how did they get in contact with you for this?? Was it due to your close proximity to MS?

The guy that was in charge of rounding up all the cars for recording emailed the info line at my Corvette Club and I responded. I hooked him up with at least 4 vettes and maybe a few more. You may remember...I think I hooked him up with you to try and get hold of the guy in Colorado that bought all the Callaways? MS wanted to record the one and only SH plus the other exotics the guy had but apparently he couldn't get it done.

They ended up throwing all the car owners a picnic where they brought a few race cars in for us to check out. I actually sat in an Audi R8 LMP. I don't know how they drive those things...I could barely see over the front of the car.

http://groups.msn.com/CoxvilleUSA/xboxpicnic.msnw?albumlist=2

Very cool stuff :cool

PGR 3 was released a few days ago on the 16th and if you can find one, the X-Box 360 is out after midnight tonight :cool

Anone have this - or getting an early present for themselves???

Ripp 76, you still getting me one?? :confused

Looking forward to the reviews -BTW, C12 is on a lower (skill) level than the Sledgehammer and C7r :lou

*89x2* said:
...anybody having issues w/ their X-Box 360 as the media (hype) has been reporting all day?? Lockups, error messages, etc.

PGR3 was even mentioned in the article in the Washington Post:ugh

here is another "article"...

A Chicago man who bought Microsoft Corp.'s new Xbox 360 has sued the world's largest software maker, saying the new video game console has a design flaw that causes it to overheat and freeze up.
The proposed class action claims that in Microsoft's bid to gain share in the $25 billion global video game market, the company was so intent on releasing the Xbox 360 before competing next-generation machines from Sony Corp (NYSE:SNE - news). and Nintendo Co Ltd. that it sold a "defectively designed" product.
Robert Byers, who brought the suit, said the power supply and central processing unit in the Xbox 360 overheat, affecting heat-sensitive chips and causing the console to lock up.
Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell on Monday said the company does not comment on pending litigation.
Complaints about the problem surfaced quickly on gaming enthusiast Web sites after the Xbox 360 debuted on November 22.
Console owners reported that some systems had crashed during regular use as well as during online game play using the Xbox Live service. Problems included screens going black and the appearance of a variety of error messages.
At the time O'Donnell told Reuters: "We have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected."
She declined to say how many reports Microsoft had received and said that calls reporting the issue to the company represented a "very, very small fraction" of units sold.
The lawsuit, filed on Friday in federal court in Illinois, seeks unspecified damages and litigation-related expenses, as well as the replacement or recall of Xbox 360 game consoles.
Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/tc_nm/media_xbox_dc

It seems that a lot of these types of lawsuits are filled in IL. These types of suits do almost nothing for the people that the law firms are supposed to represent. It just a way for the lawyers to get richer and why is it that you are automatically added to a lawsuit as a consumer. BS

The other night I got to see this game in action :cool

PGR3 is amazing in the quality of the graphics! :eek

Callaway4Fun brought his (x)box and hooked it up and whoa! You can "test drive" the Callaways around a track - very realistic looking, even the red knob inthe Sledgehammer :cool It is just like inthe car that was used to duplicate the SLedge, along w/ various file photos

I was however, dissapointed upon review of the credits.

TAC was mentioned for sure however, Callaway4Fun was not and neither was CallawayCars w/ the exception of credit for usage of their name.
Hopefully that will be corrected in PGR3, v.2 :cool

I saw no glitches as some print media have mentioned - but then again, I only spent an hour w/ the machine...

Anyone else get their hands on the X-box 360 and PGR3??

I just saw a new commecial for the PGR4 game for the Xbox. Are the Callaways making a return in that game??????
If so, I wonder if a C16 will be in there ;shrug

It's possible they will use audio recordings done for PGR3. I got an email a few months ago saying my car was used in Forza 2 also so they sent me a free game for that. The game showed up with a written thank-you. I also got written documentation from the sound company thanking me for letting them use my car. The letter included my VIN so "I got that going for me"... :)

Tim

The guys from Microsft were here the other day to take a "few" photos of the C16 Speedster for PGR4, which will most likely become available as a downloadable pack sometime after the new year. With 350 detail photos, the thing should be pretty accurate!

I just saw a new commecial for the PGR4 game for the Xbox. Are the Callaways making a return in that game??????
If so, I wonder if a C16 will be in there ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom