Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Cars West here!

C

CallawayWest

Hey Guys,

Finally signed up for your forum!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Pete Callaway, Reeves' son, and GM of Callaway Cars West, here in Orange County, CA. Last year at Carlisle we decided that having a presence in California would be a smart move, and since then I've been working hard to make that happen.

We started building Supercharged Corvettes in March, and have built 5 cars to date. We have also been managing the Tangelo C16-001 for the press, and performing developmental updates to the car. I have a very proficient technician hired full-time, who has been doing a fine job doing work to the same standards that Connecticut would.

We also stock and distribute Callaway Magnacharger kits for sales west of the Mississippi.

I am also signing up new Callaway Authorized GM dealers. Selman Chevrolet here in Orange is the first in CA, with lots of interest from AZ, NV, and other major metropolitan areas on CA and the Pacific NW.

I will be supporting the forum as much as possible, but if you want to get in touch with me directly, you can do so by email:
pete at callawaycars.com, or 949.295.4350.

There isn't a whole lot to see at our facility here now, but I encourage anyone to stop by and say hello!

Thanks
-Pete

Welcome Pete, was very nice to meet you in KY...BTW: did you get a box from me with a few cars...mike

WELCOME!!!!!!

Pete, Welcome to the Callaway Forum - THE place for Callaway Cars info :upthumbs

We are so glad to have you on board and expanding the Callaway business! The WEST COAST IS A huge (AND UNTAPPED) market for the company as I am sure you are discovering as the car is received. California Car Crazy Culture :cool

Please visit and post often, as I am certain that EVERYONE here will appreciate your enthusiasum online as we all enjoyed your participation at the first of the Callaway Reunion shows, celebrating the Twenty-Years of Callaway Corvettes.

See you at Carlisle, probably sooner! :lou
- Chris :w

Pete,

Welcome aboard. :upthumbs

Glad to see that your plans are moving forward and that you are making headway. I know there is a lot of hard work in all that you are doing and I am sure that I speak for many others in wishing you the very best. I am looking forward to seeing some of the works that you produce over time so please keep us posted and pictures are always welcome.

Maybe next time I am in the West Coast I will surprise you with a visit.

In the meantime keep on :lou

Best Regards,

-Luigi
:cool

Welcome Pete. It was nice to meet you at Bowling Green. Good luck with the west coast business, I am sure you will be very sucessful. You have a great produce. I wish you the best. Keep posting to let us know what is happening.

Pete,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure the West Coast Operations will be a huge success. Looking forward to Carlisle!

All the Best

Welcome Pete, was very nice to meet you in KY...BTW: did you get a box from me with a few cars...mike
Hey Mike, we did receive the cars here, they're great! Thanks so much. The first addition to my desktop showroom. The exhaust systems couldn't handle the UPS test, but I will break out the model glue and fix 'em up!

Glad to have you aboard Pete! :upthumbs

With Callaway now in California, does that mean when I get my C8 without the SNAT (hopefully sometime next year), that I can get the SuperNatural conversion in California (in about 5 years--in time for an engine rebuild)? Or will it still need to go to CT?

Welcome Pete! Best of luck with the West Coast facility, I think you're in a great location, and that there is LOTS of business out here. It will also be nice to have a closer option than Old Lyme if I need to get anything done to the Speedster. :D

I really enjoyed meeting you in Bowling Green and look forward to visiting your shop next time I can get out to the LA area. Can't wait to see who you sign up as a dealer here in AZ.

Let us know if you plan on having an open house for the new shop. There was some talk about it a while back, not sure if that is something you are thinking about or not. Hopefully we could scare up a couple cars (although most of them seem to be in Texas these days.:L That would be a much easier drive for me than Bowling Green was, not to mention it would be great to have a Callaway event west of the Mississippi. :upthumbs

Brangeta, I've heard so much about you and the C8s! ;)

When the time comes, we can build your SNAT in CT, ship it out here, and we can certainly do a transplant in CA. However, by that time, we may even have our own engine shop here! :naughty:

Welcome Pete!
Glad to have you aboard and I'm sure you will be a great source of information as well as just another great guy to chat with!
Callaway Cars has hit a homerun lately so I'm sure you have plenty of tasks keeping you busy. Enjoy!

:L my reputation precedes me. I wonder what all has been said? :L

In summary: huge C8 fan, don't have the money for one right now, not going to give up saving money for one til I have one. ;) Oh, and can't forget never comes to shows because he's embarrassed that he doesn't have a Callaway or Corvette. :ugh

Hey Jon, yes I am getting closer to picking the right AZ dealership, or two. Seems like Scottsdale is a good market in itself, let alone Phoenix.

I have really been driving my tech nuts with a few small projects on Sue's Speedster here, so he should be prepared if you need anything! And of course Wayne never minds a trip to CA... :cool:

I have been thinking about the grand opening/open house, but there has been some recent drama down at our shop, and we may be forced to find another facility very soon.

There will be a day when we have a place we can call our own, and you guys will be the first to know!

Hey Pete, welcome to the forum. :beer

I look forward to hanging out with you guys at Carlisle.

Josh

Hey Jon, yes I am getting closer to picking the right AZ dealership, or two. Seems like Scottsdale is a good market in itself, let alone Phoenix.

I have really been driving my tech nuts with a few small projects on Sue's Speedster here, so he should be prepared if you need anything! And of course Wayne never minds a trip to CA... :cool:

I have been thinking about the grand opening/open house, but there has been some recent drama down at our shop, and we may be forced to find another facility very soon.

There will be a day when we have a place we can call our own, and you guys will be the first to know!

Cool! BTW, my offer still stands - if you make it out here with one of the cars and want to do a mini-Callaway Night at the Pavilions car show, let me know. You would draw alot of attention on a Corvette-night (first Saturday of each month).

Welcome to the Callaway Forum Pete, great to hear another member of the family is online and checking this forum!

Overhere in Europe the Callaway vette's are still a mysterious and very fast vette. But the last couple of years more and more people know of them and know what they're capable off. Of course also with the German factory developing the race C6's!
Good luck from Holland and maybe we'll meet someday :)

Groeten Peter

(sorry no spelling check overhere..)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom