Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Callaway Display}Part II - Please, every Callaway Owner & Enthusiast, read & respond

yes,to the p.o box and I will get it

*89x2* said:
Folks, today I had a VERY GENEROUS offer made by an owner who offered to send an item or two :cool

The list is getting VERY impressive! Please post/reply if you have anything else for this - Thanks! :beer

Folks - again today, I was floored by the generousity of the Owners and ENthusiasts here :cool

The item offered today for loan in the display, is a one-of-a-kind item - A true part of Callaway and AUTOMOTIVE history! :cool

Again if you have something Chris must have it by the 10th of August because we are setting the Display case on that weekend. Please send the items out quickly as we do not have much time. Thanks

Eric,

"We" are all of us Callaway owners - you included. If you have a specific item that you wish to loan to the display, particularly one on the list, please specify. I am sending a collage of pictures from various gatherings and events.

This an awesome opportunity for Callaway recognition and broadening of the Callaway works to the general Corvette Community at large, from the original B2K to their current C6 offerings.

Its good to hear from you since it has been such a long time.

Best Regards,

-Luigi
:cool

ERIC All Callaway Owners and Enthusiasts who have subscribed to or requested the mailings of the Callaway Owners group have been requested to participate in this idea as well as others . The trip to the NCM is to set up the display. The unveiling date is not known as of yet but is expected very soon. If you need more information contact 89X2 and he will fill you in . Also Eric you have been sent emails reguarding what the group is doing. You have not been around since December as we know that you are VERY BUSY. I hope you are not to busy to come and visit the Owners this year at Carlilse or even participate in the NCM display. It must be difficult being busy because I saw at a recent show that you only placed third .We hope that you can get your car into show condition for Carlilse. I will be bringing the Boost Guage to the NCM that you bid up for me a couple of months ago Thanks Pete
EricVonHa said:
Inquiring minds want to know... who is "we" ? All Callaway owners are invited?

reubenmc said:
Chris, sounds like you are getting a good amount of stuff...you're going to have to have the museum add some more display space or clean out that whole hallway leadin to the Dome for Callaway stuff!!

Reuben, today in the mail we rcv'd a package from Texas w/ die cast, etc. inside and also a portfolio from overseas :cool

Also, while over the weekend, I heard from other owners offering a "privileged presentation packet" from Colorado (SCVette) an ink pen, and another collector is opening up his collection of memorobilia/automobilia for the case.

Callaway Cars has also begun to make a list w/ some very cool items - B2K stuff, amongst other great historical pieces :cool

*Remember, August 10th is the deadline for items to be rcv'd here - please do not miss out on this cool opportunity for the Corvette World to see your contributions, loaned to the Natl. C'vette Museum :cool :v

From what I know already this is going to be the Best presentation case they have ever seen. . An unbelievable amount of Callaway Goodies. This is going to be great.

Misc. Callaway items

Chris, What about the complete side panel-Aerobody-all three parts. I have a couple of these if you think it would make a good backing. They are primered in white as shipped from Callaway.

Chris, Pete, anyone whoever else involved....Lots of pictures... OR....Don't even think about showing up at Carlisle!

kruzmisl said:
Chris, Pete, anyone whoever else involved....Lots of pictures... OR....Don't even think about showing up at Carlisle!
I can only confirm that :w

I will not be present myself on Carlisle this year to do some shoulder patting
but I am sure you guys will do that for me.

Chris, good to hear the portfolio arrived :)

The scans from brochures I will skip, cause you are probably getting already too many items to display,
I will scan them in a later stage on lower quality and put them online on my website for you guys to grab it.

redb2k's said:
Chris, What about the complete side panel-Aerobody-all three parts. I have a couple of these if you think it would make a good backing. They are primered in white as shipped from Callaway.

The side gill piece would be cool :cool

The other components of the AeroBody might be a bit much for the case - that one panel would help illustrate the classic AeroBody we all love! Thanks! C.

:upthumbs Once again, you guys Rock! sounds like a super effort by many!

Everyone, as the list continues to grow, this is shaping up to be HUGE! :cool

So far, here is what is either received, or on the way: :upthumbs :cool
cog.gif

List of items:
  • Emblems/plaques
  • Callaway Jacket
  • Turbocharger
  • Intercooler
  • Dymag wheel
  • Boost Gauge
  • AeroBody Panel (?)
  • Engine Schematic
  • Magazines
  • Sales Literature
  • Promotional items / portfolio
  • Scale (model/die-cast) Callaway cars
  • Booklets
  • HUGE photo relating to events/owners
  • Build Sheet (w/ B2K info)
  • Owners Manual
  • Leather Callaway info binder
  • YOUR ITEM HERE :)

Thanks again to ALL the Owners & Enthusiasts who have participated in this idea - this should be an amazing display!
cog.gif

kruzmisl said:
Great job everybody! Looks like many of the Callaway unique parts will be represented.

Paul, no doubt, this will be a display that will make everyone proud! :cool

Today, a VERY generous offer to loan several items was made - I'll leave it as a surprise for now and hold off on listing what is all included - the items are virtually ALL one-of-a-kind items that will be the keystone to it all :eek

While the case filling fast, there is still time to get in on this -

SCVette, I got the Presentation kit :cool Thank you again, for your generousity!
cog.gif

Oh man, keystone items not already on the list? This really will be something! Hope everyone doesn't mine items on loan for awhile, as I think the museum is going to love this showcase!

A very generous loan? Are we putting Reeves in the case?

Actually, we are.... ;LOL

(at least some pictures of him)

-Luigi
:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom