Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway interest in general (not corvette related)

Jeroenvgfn

Corvette
1986 Black Coupe RPO Z51
as you all know I am scraping the bottoms of the sea to find some rare Callaway articles in their beginning years,

the C1 projects for VW / Audi / BMW / Mercedes and Porsche.

I also bought a C1 mk1 stage 2 Turbokit for a VW rabbit/scirocco/jetta beginning of this year.

I have made a quick setup website of a nice brochure, the installation manual will be online shortly and have plans to create a parts swapping point and FAQ list about these rare kits.

Chris, you could consider if you like these items to add to the official COG.
as Callaway sold all those rights and do not support the systems in their shop anymore.

just pop me an email when you want to talk about it.

when anyone has something related in their attic/garage .... let me know :)

http://members.home.nl/callawayvolkswagen
and pics of my turbo setup
http://members.home.nl/callawaycorvette/volkswagen

Very cool! The non-Corvette stuff sure is interesting.

Jeroenvgfn,

It is definitely Callaway history and I for one have always been interested in all their endeavors, most of which have been discussed here. If you go back through this forums history, I know you will find some types of discussions of just about all their projects, VW, Alfa-Romeo, Aston Martin, Range Rover, Holden, and Mazda as well as all their GM counterparts, Camaro, SSR, race cars, etc.

However, I don't quite understand your question? Add these materials to where?

If you want to pose VW turbo questions, please go ahead. However, I do not know how knoweledgeable the group might be as a whole since this host site is geared to corvettes. But I am sure if someone has something relevant, they will chime in.

Cheers,

-Luigi
:cool

Jeroenvgfn,

It is definitely Callaway history and I for one have always been interested in all their endeavors, most of which have been discussed here. If you go back through this forums history, I know you will find some types of discussions of just about all their projects, VW, Alfa-Romeo, Aston Martin, Range Rover, Holden, and Mazda as well as all their GM counterparts, Camaro, SSR, race cars, etc.

However, I don't quite understand your question? Add these materials to where?

If you want to pose VW turbo questions, please go ahead. However, I do not know how knoweledgeable the group might be as a whole since this host site is geared to corvettes. But I am sure if someone has something relevant, they will chime in.

Cheers,

-Luigi
:cool

Luigi,

the question to Chris was if he could take in consideration to add these historic Callaway milestones to the COG website. but since Callaway is not officially supporting them anymore I could understand he will decline.

I am building a Callaway Volkswagen website anyhow, because I experienced in the VW scene there is a big black gap and every one is shouting parts of the truth, So I want to clear everything , for everyone.

I already searched this forums thorough and found very helpfull information :)
and will not trouble you guys on this forum with VW question because this is a Corvette dedicated one.

but when people are interested in the heritage of Callaway Turbo history,I can help them as I am not only a Corvette driver/lover but also devoted to Callaway powerfully engineered vehicles.

and my question to you all about magazine articles , parts or any other relevant information is just because some of you are a few years older than me and when I was watching The A-Team and playing with my dinky toys in the early Eighties some of you might cathed that Callaway fever earlier and treasure some usefull information for me.

I hope that you understand my question now and hope you enjoy the "old" stuff as much as I do :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom