Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Miata...

boostedmaxPSI

Corvette
'92 SNAT435 Yellow aerobody 'vert // 1988 #57 B2K
...not really! However, last month I was on a local cruise with a group of 20 or more local corvette owners. We've done this a couple of times now and the trip is usually 2-3 hundred miles of "spirited" fun on some Texas/Oklahoma back roads.

Anyway, on my way home from the cruise I see a buddy of mine in his '04 Commemorative edition Lingenfelter 427cid TT coming up on me really quick. We have two way radios and he tells me that he thought I was a yellow Miata!?!?!

Granted he has some pretty impressive cars. He also owns car #1, 1 of 25 C6 Lingenfelter Commemorative Edition the one in Road and Track last year. So, I thought nothing of it until last night at a local car show. When a group of Corvette owners started talking about the new C16. Somehow the mentioning of Miata came up again and the comparison of the C16 to the Miata!?!?!

Now I've heard the C16 looking like a Jaguar, C8 and a morphed C12/C8 but never a Miata!

Anyone else hear of their Aerobody Corvette being referred to as resembling a Miata? From the rear of course!

Anyone else hear of their Aerobody Corvette being referred to as resembling a Miata? From the rear of course!

I think that is crazy talk :crazy

Here is a Callaway Aero Lens: :upthumbs

89a.jpg

Here is a Miata Lens: ;shrug

DR-104_mazda_miata_nolight-custom_1999-2005.jpg

The one car I have always thought of, that *might* be compared to with taillights, is this one:

Ferrari 456 :cool

spot13%20Ferrari%20456%20GT%20achter.jpg

I don't think a Miata would run that fast-even with an LS1 in it. Show him the tail lights and let him know it's a Callaway with power!:D

Chris, the Ferrari 456 tail light look alot like the Callaway Aerobody. Are they the same dimensions, Maybe a replacement if Callaway parts are not available in the future. They might even be more cost effective.:D

I agree that's just crazy talk. In both cases I was with guys from the LPE camp. They're pretty popular here being that there's an LPE facility just down the road.

As far as showing them MY tail lights, unfortunatly I don't think that's going to happen :( Them boys are comming with two loaded guns! Atleast in my case with my little SNAT.

A Miata? Maybe the 427 has blurred his vision!

I agree that's just crazy talk. In both cases I was with guys from the LPE camp. They're pretty popular here being that there's an LPE facility just down the road.

...just remind them that LPE is a customer of Callaway Cars - that is who supplies them with a bunch of the components for their packages :Silly

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom