Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway on wikipedia

Brangeta

I just found in one of my sporatic searches, that Callaway has been added to wikipedia. http://wikicars.org/en/Callaway#External_Links I'm not entirely sure what is already written there is correct.

Some of you might be interested in contributing information or correctiong what is already there. I bet Jerovgfn would like to contribute some VW facts and Chris, I simply don't know how you could resist some B2K info ;). If Tony is still a reader of this message board, and has time, it would be cool if he could write about the C9.

I'll be adding my C8 article I never finished writing... after I finish it. I was going to put it on there as is, but I noticed that some things are outdated. (such as the info on the black C8 with stripes that was wrecked a few months ago-- I still have it down as a functioning car). Tony and CallawayC8 could of course improve on what I going to add.

Wiki is unfortunately, able to be edited by anyone and therefore many facts, are not what they seem.

I went and added a bit of content there and a few weeks later, it was gone - anyone can add or remove stuff.

I am glad to see a link to the COG is there - that should be sufficient enough. :cool

Yeah, I put the link to COG on there as well as correcting some of the car list. I'm not familiar with the early stuff (VWs and Alfas) or whether or not there was a Callaway C6 project, so I didn't know what to do about that stuff when I was correcting the work of whomever did it.

Yeah, I put the link to COG on there as well as correcting some of the car list. I'm not familiar with the early stuff (VWs and Alfas) or whether or not there was a Callaway C6 project, so I didn't know what to do about that stuff when I was correcting the work of whomever did it.

Thanks for adding the link - it has been added now at least a couple times by myself, and others, along with other info which gets deleted :eyerole

Love the good ol' internet - this is one example of a "free-for-all" on the net...

I remember when I had to do research, we went to the library, or pulled an encyclopedia off the shelf at home. Every few years, we would get updates to the encyclopedia set, as information evolved. While I am sure wiki wants to/ means well, the fact that ANYONE can edit it to say whatever, truth or not, makes me a non-believer :ugh

Thanks though for the efforts :beer

Believe it or not, I successfully made it through college without ever checking out a book from the library :). That isn't to say I didn't read books, but I never checked one out from the library or ever looked for a book there :). Good ole online resources available at school had the books I needed online usually!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom