Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway optional sport seats for C5/C6

Jeroenvgfn

Corvette
1986 Black Coupe RPO Z51
In another topic I raised the question
and after a few days talking about it with offshore241 I thought lets start a topic bout it.

thanks Bruce,:thumb

I am almost 2 meters long which is I believe 6 foot 5 in US.

With my current C4 coupe I had an almost comfortable seat position untill I installed new leather sport seats with foam.
Then I had to remove the frame and fix the seat on the floor to create headroom and kneeroom.

I experienced that a C5 has standard more room than a C4 and when I took place in a C6 I discovered I even have less room than in a C4.

so now comes the Callaway related part ;)

Do the optional Callaway sport seats also improve head and knee room.
and did any of you guys experience similar ? or are you all regular size.

I am 6' 225 and fit fine in the sport seats. They are electrically adjustable and are great. I have 14k mi in the past few weeks, most in those seats. They are worth it to me :cool

are you in the most backed and downed position with the seat ? and in your C4's are your knees hugging the carpet zones and cannot wear a cap with the roof in as this stupid small metal thing on top of the cap bashes my head everytime I have a bump in the road.

are you in the most backed and downed position with the seat ? and in your C4's are your knees hugging the carpet zones and cannot wear a cap with the roof in as this stupid small metal thing on top of the cap bashes my head everytime I have a bump in the road.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT WEARING A CAP IN A C4 AND C5 COUPE!
THE C4 AND C5 CONVERTABLES HAVE ALMOST 2 INCHES MORE HEAD ROOM.
THE C6 COUPE HAS MORE HEAD ROOM, BUT FEELS LIKE THE DASH IS LOWER. I AM 6'6" AFTER GETTING USE TO THE FEELING, I AM NOW COMFORTABLE. I AM TO BIG TO BE COMFORTABLE IN THE NEW CALLAWAY SPORT SEATS.
:w

thanks Master John :upthumbs

Chris do you have the dimensions or RECARO model number of the Callaway seats ?

*edit* ( for the ease of test sitting overhere)

I love the amount of room the C5 has to offer. Anf I think the FRC might have a little
more then a regular one. I wanted a new C6 but was MUCH more comfortable in The C5.
But would like to try out a C5 with the sport seats !!

I'm 6 feet tall. When I sat in the car Chris is driving around, I wanted to back up the seat, which I could have done, but otherwise I was fine. I have uncommonly long legs for my height, and my knees were rubbing on the dash with the current position.

6' and 6'5" are two different animals though. You're a GIANT. ;)

n18800375_33363366_9603.jpg

Jeroen, it is a Pole Position shell, padded and covered by Callaway to their specs. I am not sure every seat would be the same by another...

The tight end of the seat is 15" wide. Good luck

you mean the butt is 15" wide right ?

I understand it is a special made item,

I will just go to the Recaro dealer here and testfit the "pole position" seat in my car this should give me a good idea of how they work out.

thanks for your help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom