Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway out of business ???

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
Callawy out of business ???

I hear they have been having money problems for some time now and will possibly be shutting down the facility in Old Lyme, anyone heard any truth to this.. If so I hope they make there vendor and parts lists available to those that want them. I know they are no longer doing any SuperNatural cars, just working on ones that have already been done, hence the 3 month wait. Anyone think this will drive the price of the cars up if they do fold ??

I have not heard any of this... Owners of Callaways NEED to COMMIT to putting together the REUNION at CORVETTES@CARLISLE to protect, preserve and keep a market for their cars. I am hoping that the Reunion at Carlisle will be so huge that folks from all over the country Show up W/ their Callaways (or their rental cars when they FLY in!!!!)
Stan A. Have you heard any of this about Callaway Cars.?

Callaway Closing??!!

No official word on a closing but he has been and continues to run a skeleton office and shop staff.

This is not surprising as he and his staff has made it clear that their interests lie in racing over seas.

Most of the original staff members who were with him through the TT and Supernatural programs have been sent packing. There inventory of parts is almost non-existent. They are no longer doing any turbo related work ( no turbos available ). Mostly repair issues. Most people have experienced little or no support from the staff when making a call to their offices (except with buying/selling their Callaways).

I would not be at all surprised to see the location in Olde Lyme closed down in the near future. This is not a "dig" on Reeve and company.

Stan

Not suprising,
I had phoned them several weeks ago (6 weeks now) to get a quote on the 450 upgrade along with brake parts. they told me they would fax over a quote, still nothing. I E-mailed then yesterday, have to see if they even reply. This is when they told me they were months behind and were not taking on any new SuperNatural cars

supernatural400 said:
Not suprising,
I had phoned them several weeks ago (6 weeks now) to get a quote on the 450 upgrade along with brake parts. they told me they would fax over a quote, still nothing. I E-mailed then yesterday, have to see if they even reply. This is when they told me they were months behind and were not taking on any new SuperNatural cars

That is surprising! We have always had good experiences dealing w/ Callaway Cars! In fact, when I needed a question answered, I got Reeves' Cell phone # , called and got my answer w/ in a minute! I hope Reeves remains at least where he is for now as it is at least a sign of support...

Callaway Response!!

Many other owners have experienced negative responses when calling. As to Reeve answering the phone, that must be luck as he spends most of his time in Europe racing.

The upgrade that Supernatural 400 spoke of should have been something they could handle now. I spoke with them twice over the last month and both times all I heard was that things were slow!

Over the last few years we have little or no support from Olde Lyme. I would suspect that we will see the same in the coming months.

Stan

Anybody ever think of contacting Callaway and maybe have a contact there join this forum to answer question we have directly rather than relying on rumors. I think it would show great commitment on their part to have and active role here. It would be nice if we have problems with our cars to have someone in the shop give some advice and let us know what's going on down there

Ron,

It's not a bad idea, however, unfortunately, I have a feeling that if they are barely even answering customer inquiries via phone or email, they would be even less likely to participate in a forum setting. That's my guess, but I could be wrong.

-Rob

I know when I call and talk to Joanne, she is always helpful and informative. however last time I called about 5-6 weeks ago they tell me she is out on medical leave for 3 months and the other people are not a responsive as she is

Callaway Response

Ron is right.....

You have to care in order to want to help. They are a money based operations. If there is not a profit in it, it won't happen. That has been their motto.

Back in 1999, I turned the Registry back over to them because they promised "big things" and major Support. All the Callaway owner got was a way to sell their cars on the Callaway site and there in lies the issue of profit. They charge both the buyer and seller 3% each. Nothing else ever happened that benefited the Callaway owners. I think I made my point.

Yes, Joanne is a great and caring person. I have been dealing with her for a long time. But she is only one person like a "cog in a wheel". In order for the wheel to turn smoothly, all the cogs have to be in good shape and in position. This is sadly lacking at Callaway headquarters.

The time has come to promote the Callaway name and product but not the company that built it. We have paid our dues many times over. It time that all Callaway owners got the help they needed (and parts) without over paying their good "hard earned dollars" repeatly.

The Registry will eliminate this issue. All forms of support help will be free. Parts and other items will be made available at group prices ( what we pay for them). You will be able to count on SUPPORT without conditions.

It will happen when all owners decide to stand up for themselves and support each other. This will help insure and control pricing and values of the "rarest Corvette ever built".

Stan

I agree let's get this thing moving,
You think that's theres any chance that Callaway will turn over there manufacturers part list so we can go right to the source for replacement parts. I don't mind paying a little more money as long as I know that I'm getting the right stuff. Ted did E-mail me back to day and gave me the specs on brake pads as he tells me they have no stock and Brembo stopped making replacement pads

Re: Callaway Response

Stan A said:
...time that all Callaway owners got the help they needed (and parts) without over paying their good "hard earned dollars" repeatly.

I've often thought that very same thing when it comes to many aftermarket tuners, Stan. :upthumbs

_ken :w

Brembo System

Hi,

Did you contact David? Also suggest that you locate Brembo online for assistance too.

David told me yesterday that he was going to call them about some spec issue. maybe that was for you.

Callaway will not make their parts list available. We tried that last year. So far we have been able to come up with everything without their help. Again, I continue to say this and it is the truth; we need to work together and not count on Callaway for anything.

Take care,
Stan

Yes I did contact him. He first thought the noise from the front end was due to missing clips on the pads, then he found out I had Brembo's so he needed to check into a couple of things. I know Brembo has a specific tolerance for the hats and fasteners, that's when Callaway told me they were out of spec and worn and I need the whole thing $1600.00 worth. I have been kind of questioning this since they told me, as the rotors and pads are not worn at all. Ted told me that Brembo no longer makes brakes pads for their calipers and he did give me the specs, on them as well as some manufacturers to look for

Re: Brembo System

Stan A said:
So far we have been able to come up with everything without their help. Again, I continue to say this and it is the truth; we need to work together and not count on Callaway for anything.

Take care,
Stan

Stan: Do you have the part number for the '87 fuel pump? I'm considering changing it.

Fuel Pump

Hi,

The 1987-88 Callaway fuel pump assembly are the same. It is a Bosch 0580-254-984....472-07

Less you are having a problem, I would leave things alone. These are "high-Flow" pumps they are using. We were able to produce 620hp+ on 12.5 lbs boost without any starvation effects

Take care,

Stan

Listen to David F

Hi,

Listen to David F and follow his instruction. There is very good chance that you are experiencing a bladder problem. Try what he said.

Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom