Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway reunion at Carlise

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
anyone heard any info on this. I heard it's every 5 years and this would be the year for it. Personally I think they should have the reunion down at Callaway in Ct. Then Reeves could fly in on his helicopter like he used to before the city had a temper tantrum and made him stop

I haven't heard anything. I agree, it would be a good idea to hold it at Callaway's facility in CT. If anyone ever gets a chance to visit their shop, go for it. It's absolutely awesome.

Hi There,

Currently Reeve is too busy in Europe racing and has lost all interest in his Callaway projects here in the states. Olde Lyme has only a small work force operating. They have almost no inventory and are doing mustly repair work that comes in. My guess is that they will probably close that office in the near future.

The chances of any support from him or the staff would be based on whether they can made a buck from it. The Registry that I turned back over to them in 1999 has had no activity except for helping owners sell there cars. The fee is 3% from both the buyer and seller.

Personally, I feel that the owners have paid enough. The plans to start the Registry again that would independent of Callaway start and ended quickly. The owners on the Corvetteforum (all but six) would not commit to this. We will try again again in the early summer months. I will post here on this forum as well it alert everyone when this happens.

Stan A

I have been woking on this for a few months and have indicated to both Reeves and Carlisle productions that we would (intend) to have at least 2 dozen Callaway Cars there for the weekend. All space indoors is consumed I imagine at this late stage of the game however, I have an ez up 10x12 and I am sure other could provide relief from the elements as well as Stan... Stan have you an itinerary yet?
Lets keep this one going! *89x2*

Carlisle Info

I have nothing on this end but David F and were planning a visit if he can get office.

Clint has contacted me about Callaway owners making his LT5 show in BG. I told him that no one has commited yet.

I think we need to address both show here on CAC. Spread the word back on the CF. I am going to contact my membership current list and inquire there.

Post me,

Stan

Re: Carlisle Info

Stan A said:
I have nothing on this end but David F and were planning a visit if he can get office.

Clint has contacted me about Callaway owners making his LT5 show in BG. I told him that no one has commited yet.

I think we need to address both show here on CAC. Spread the word back on the CF. I am going to contact my membership current list and inquire there.

Post me,

Stan
Stan, I had strongly considered going to BG for the event in May however, It seemed to me that the Callaway's would get no credit and wind up being a shadow at the event , if that. Not my style and since Reeves said flat out he would not be in attendance there I decided not to go.
Corvettes @ Carlisle seems to be the proper event for an East Coast Gatering/Reunion. I have never put a gathering on so I would NEED support on anything. (All I am so far is a car, a 10x12 tent and a BFG/Callaway banner)
Thought's???

Indoor space would be just about impossible to obtain at Carlisle..... even ground level (not on the hill) would be extremely difficult to squander at this time.

Most, if not all of the field level space has been and will continue to be occupied by car clubs & registry's that have been participating for years.

The last time I was at Carlile (2000), I saw 7 or 8 Callaway's (TT's, CR1's (2), SN's). Hard to command space when only a few can be assured of attending. The two CR1's (SuperNatural ZR1's) were with the ZR1 Registry - right next to Clint. Clint offered me a spot, but since mine is not a ZR1, I didn't want to rock-the-boat. (Instead, I parked it in the middle of the ZR1 aisle for a short while :upthumbs - thanks Clint.

I parked on the "hill" for most of the time :( - really don't want to do that again.

It would be nice if we could guarantee attendance and room for 10 or so cars, then maybe Carlisle would allow some space....

callaway95 said:

I parked on the "hill" for most of the time :( - really don't want to do that again.

It would be nice if we could guarantee attendance and room for 10 or so cars, then maybe Carlisle would allow some space....

There is strength in numbers. I WILL be at Carlisle and Eric who bought the sinister looking 87 w/ Aerobody will too. That w/ you is 3 so far. I think Stan and the registry can get at least 2 DOZEN Callaway TT's and I imagine 10+ SN's. The trick is, getting this done SOON so we can have something reserved and advertised as a "reunion", if that's the route we are taking w/ this...
For the record, I saw your Black SN on the hill about 1/3rd the way up back in 2k (NICE!!)
Any other Callaway Owners 99% sure they will be at Corvettes@Carlisle? I have been trying to put "something" together, don't know what it will be but, I wold love to have an idea on a "Callaway Count" for this, going forward. Thoughts? *89x2*

Guys, it's very important that there be a strong showing of Callaway machinery at Carlisle this summer. The value of these cars is at an all time low... I picture all of our cars being parked together within the "Fun Display" or somewhere within a stone's throw of the bleachers. What we're talking about here is an education of the general Vette population and their wives, brothers, sisters and Joe Public in general. I've heard that someone here has some Callaway banners.. I'll even convert my BFGoodrich wall poster (about a mile long) to say "CALLAWAY". We'll put up a couple portable e.z. up car shades, put the banners up and really make a statement.

So, I'm sticking my hand high in the air to vote on within one week of today's date (2/18/02) to have a formal list of people committed to showing their car at Carlisle as a part of this unified effort. Who should be the central point of contact? Probably Callaway Chris (aka 89*2). Word has it that he's been in touch to a limited extent with Carlisle productions on just this topic. So, we need a commitment from some Callaway people and we need to get OUR SPACE LOCKED IN EARLY!!!! This is highly important as you've all been there, been caught in the traffic and have seen that if you get there past 7am, you might as well grab your ankles coz you'll be lucky to get parking within a mile of civilization. Maybe I'm overexaggerating a little, but the point is that we need to unify our space for "X" number of cars EARLY!

WHO IS COMMITTED TO BRINGING THEIR CALLAWAY ????

I'll bring the beer! Heck, if we get a half dozen cars or so, I'll bring the keg!! WHO'S IN ???

EricVonHa said:

So, I'm sticking my hand high in the air to vote on within one week of today's date (2/18/02) to have a formal list of people committed to showing their car at Carlisle as a part of this unified effort. So, we need a commitment from some Callaway people and we need to get OUR SPACE LOCKED IN EARLY!!!! WHO IS COMMITTED TO BRINGING THEIR CALLAWAY ????

Let me be the first to say, ME!

There was a teal TT aerobody there last yr w/ the TEXAS tag TURBOS...talk about a drive!!!!!
^^^There should be no excuses now...

I am planning on going, but it still too early for me to commit just yet. If I do go I'll most likely trailor the car with my pickup and I was planning on taking that anyway to buy some parts

supernatural400 said:
I am planning on going, but it still too early for me to commit just yet. If I do go I'll most likely trailor the car with my pickup and I was planning on taking that anyway to buy some parts
Cool! Let me say this about Carlisle and trailers. I had to get a 10x60 space at Carlisle for the day and it cost 50 bucks itself. I had originally planned on driving the car to and from the motel and leave the trailer there but since I went for only one day :eek it was a hundred bucks for Truck , Trailer, and fun field...
We seriously need to commit early, I cannot say enough abou thtis. I understand some folks may not have firm schedules yet but because of this I think a 10 % overflow rate could be built into the #'s.

Hi folks.

Actually I had marked my calendar for the C4 reunion in May because Carlisle falls right at the start of school year in Florida as well as the beginning of Hurricane Season.

However, if none of this crowd is planning on the C4 reunion and are instead planning on Carlisle, I will TRY my best to make it work. Put me in for a big maybe!

Luigi

Luigi,
welcome to the CAC.....I remember seeing your Callaway at Octobervettes in Kissimmee this past Fall. Very sweet ride :D

Jay

Carlisle Event

Hi Chris,

Do me a favor and organize with the guys this trip to Carlisle. I have some family issues that came up today that will need most of my time. I will follow what takes place.

Did you say you have space 10ftx60ft? Or did I miss understand. The chances of being "under the cover" unless we provide it are sim and none.

The old Registry banner is in such bad shape and not useable. The Tent idea is a good one. Who has one?

Got to run........ I'll check later on progress.

Everyone help Chris...............

Stan

Space at Carlisle...

>Stan, sorry for the confusion, I had to get a big space last year, I will see what we can do this year though...
I would really like to see 2 dozen TT's organized and 10+ SN's, sounds like a few of both have already committed, GREAT!!!!
>Luigi, I had considered (strongly) about the BG in May. I will not be there and from what I understand you will be hard pressed to find a Callaway there unless it has an LT5 between the rails.
>>Once I find out some concrete info on carlisle, I will post it ASAP! I "may" call on everyone for support ,if needed, regarding this. I hope that will be ok. thank you! :)

David F is talking about a group of us from Florida and Georgia driving in a small group to BG in May.

Who thinks they can make this trip who live in these areas? We would like to see everyone who lives within 500 miles on the east coast make this trip if possible.

What does everyone think

Stan

Stan A said:
Who thinks they can make this trip who live in these areas? We would like to see everyone who lives within 500 miles on the east coast make this trip if possible.
Stan

I will see a little closer to May. That is a possibility. How many Callaway's do you suppose will show for that event?
>Stan, do you have a current list in your records to contact Callaway Car owners , personally? I will know a definate about Corvettes@Carlisle next week. We should really talk about that event :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom