Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Callaway} What in your opinion, was the best LOOKING Callaway Corvette??

*89x2*

We discussed your favorite Callaway before:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36057

View Poll Results: Favorite Callaway Sledgehammer
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
1518.75%Speedsters / Super Speedsters
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
1822.50%1987 B2K
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
67.50%1988 B2K
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
00%1989 B2K
bar6-l.gif
bar6.gif
bar6-r.gif
33.75%1990 B2K
bar1-l.gif
bar1.gif
bar1-r.gif
56.25%1991 B2K
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
810.00%Supernatural CL1 (SNAT 400/425/435/440/450)
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
11.25%Supernatural CR1 (SNAT 475/490/ TT LT5)
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
1012.50%C12 series
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
33.75%#89-010 B2K (on steroids)
bar6-l.gif
bar6.gif
bar6-r.gif
11.25%C8 or C9 - Other "Powerfully Engineered Automobiles"
bar1-l.gif
bar1.gif
bar1-r.gif
45.00%New C6 based Callaway cars (C 3 6, SN490/550, SC560)
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
11.25%C 3 Twin Turbo / other customs
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
11.25%Callaway LM
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
45.00%

Now lets discuss what Callaway you think is the most attractive :cool

If you have a picture to go along with your listing - please share it :upthumbs

Thanks - looking forward to seeing / hearing the responses :v :cool

Cool topic! I'm always willing to share an opinion! :L

The most attractive overall is definitely the purple convertible with the teal interior. (Is it a CR1, CL1, or B2K??? I don't know how to tell the difference without seeing the engines)
callawaytwins.jpg

The most attractive for a daily driver that is liveable (AKA has a roof) would have to be the purple one's "twin," the teal coupe with the purple interior.

If I was rich, I'd have that teal w/ purple interior one as the centerpiece in my living room... it is too gorgeous.

For me the most beautiful Callaway is the Inky Blue C-12!! The more you look at it the more you are amazed at the carbon fiber body and that color!!

I am equally torn between the Inky Blue C12, the Candy Apple Super-Speedster, and the C16.

Those that have not seen the C16 in person can't really appreciate how nice it is. I took over 500 pictures of the car at the LA Auto Show and it looks so much more striking in person despite taking some really nice shots of the car.

-Luigi
:cool

The most attractive overall is definitely the purple convertible with the teal interior. (Is it a CR1, CL1, or B2K??? I don't know how to tell the difference without seeing the engines)
callawaytwins.jpg

The most attractive for a daily driver that is liveable (AKA has a roof) would have to be the purple one's "twin," the teal coupe with the purple interior.

If I was rich, I'd have that teal w/ purple interior one as the centerpiece in my living room... it is too gorgeous.

Both of those cars are in Texas, or at least they were a couple of years ago.

Is this a trick question? For me, it has always been the original Speedsters.

almost%20all%20the%20speedsters.lg.JPG

But I would have to extend that to all of the C4 Aerobody cars.

I am equally torn between the Inky Blue C12, the Candy Apple Super-Speedster, and the C16.

Those that have not seen the C16 in person can't really appreciate how nice it is. I took over 500 pictures of the car at the LA Auto Show and it looks so much more striking in person despite taking some really nice shots of the car.

-Luigi
:cool

Luigi, I was reading the new Car and Driver magazine the other day (w/ the 10 Best features in it) and they said when testing the new Jaguar "R" version, that it was a car that you needed to see in person to appreciate its front end! :cool

There are actually some similarities with that car and the C16 and as you have stated, it too, is best seen in person :cool

...I guess we know what C&D knows - some cars are best appreciated, firsthand :beer

Unrelated car but similar story.

The new Honda Civic Si...I think it was Motor Trend that said.. The new Civic was one of the only cars they've ever seen that looks much better in photographs than it does in real life. :L

Well for me it's:
#1 1991 #001

c14.jpg

#2 This 1990

c1.JPG

#3 is Randy Flocks SNAT GS

#4 would have to be CC's Black Non-Aero '89 (It just needs the ZF back in it, IMHO)

#5 Would be the SNAT Race Car that Boris Said drove in the mide 90's over in Europe.

And the list goes on but this is just my top 5; what about everyone else???

Daniel

Luigi, I was reading the new Car and Driver magazine the other day (w/ the 10 Best features in it) and they said when testing the new Jaguar "R" version, that it was a car that you needed to see in person to appreciate its front end! :cool

There are actually some similarities with that car and the C16 and as you have stated, it too, is best seen in person :cool

...I guess we know what C&D knows - some cars are best appreciated, firsthand :beer
:L That's funny. When the Jaguar Advanced Lightweight Coupe concept (XK) first came out, I thought it looked sooooo cool in pictures. But when I was at the preshow unveiling of the Camaro Concept at the Dallas Auto Show, I thought it was ho hum. Not nearly as sexy as the previous XK and definitely not an improvement in looks unfortunately. It actually blends into the latest Toyota, Buick, and Lexus offerings too much. The performance is nicer this time around but... Hopefully the new XKR will actually have exhaust you can hear unlike the previous generation unfortunately.

...wanna change your vote, after seeing the newest "Callaway of the Month" :confused

Well... I prefer the teal interior so no :D but it's a difficult decision.

ANY Aerobody gets my vote. The look is just about perfect. There are only a few cars that I have immediately found attractive and this is one.

Right after seeing a picture of the car for the first time, I called up my dealer and ordered one. This car made me forget about the ZR-1 I was looking at.

From a C4 through C6 point of view, they have never been able to top this design. Just my opinion.

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom