Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Site update, a quick note from your Callaway Moderator…

*89x2*

Folks, I thought I would take a few minutes and give an update - Thanks to ALL Owners & Enthusiasts for your ongoing participation in these forums and the events over the past years - CC.

It hard to believe that 2005 is already here with all the excitement the Callaway Owners had throughout 2004!

Kicking off 2004, was the historic auction of some of the most recognized and sought after Callaway cars – The World-Record holding Sledgehammer, the C7r from Daytona, a beautiful C12 and one of the two Super Speedsters were all part of the sales. Some of the COG Owners were present for this event, with many more cheering on the record sales and joining in the excitement on television – What an event! :cool

Following the auction, the final Speedster debuted. The absolute last and final Speedster, a B2K, was presented by Reeves Callaway to his wife Susan and from what I hear, it has been a car that isn’t sitting still – she drives it often and enjoys it nicely.

Bloomington Gold was the place to be in the late spring / early summer with the Callaways being recognized as the Special Collection XX and many of the owners here had their cars in either the Special Collection XX or the Gold Field for Callaways getting plenty of looks and admiration from all!

We again gathered at the annual Corvettes @ Carlisle show and saw the debut of a rather neat project – the Carlisle Callaway Corvette begun its journey from sleek C6 to Stormer – Stay tuned for more on this project as it continues throughout the year…

Some of the other happenings at Carlisle were the Callaway Corvettes present on the Fun Field – It was VERY nice to see the re-birth of the tangerine CR1 and the payoff of that project is the availability of the CR1 AeroBody tail now once again available. – Awesome!
In addition to that, MANY of the B2K parts are avail. for service needs or restoration - Many Owners have taken advantage of the new parts list at the top of this forum page - Lookin good ! :)

The Creeper races were SSSssssssssmokin! Tony C. and Carl fabricated a SuperNatural creeper to challenge the standing champs – they did very well on their fort attempt and I think we are looking forward to seeing next year’s entry – skateboard wheels ???

Turbo Joe expanded the event to include a fan belt toss – Out of the blue, Big John was a ringer – literally, as he effortlessly threw the belts better than anyone I saw! :cool

As the show season wrapped up, it was back to Illinois to the Mid-America FunFest with the C5/ Z06 Power Groups test car and the Carlisle Callaway C6. Both cars drew raves at the show and the C 3 6 was then shown at the Chevy Vette Fest in Chicago, later on in November at the all-indoor show.

Present at that show, Two of the Callaways previously awarded one of the best bestowments in the Corvette world, “Chips-Choice”, were invited and recognized at the show. Mark’s (FX GS) Grand Sport #001 and Leonard’s 88 Anniv. B2K were both there and looked sharp on the display floor – Mark’s Callaway also collected top prize in the street class during a Mustang (Corvette challenge) ¼ mile-racing event the month before! :upthumbs

With all that, how can we top it for 2005?? :confused

I have a few suggestions from Owners and have a few ideas of my own that I am pursuing – If you have anything in mind you would like to see or do, feel free to drop me a note.

We again will be returning to the Corvettes @ Carlisle show August 26-28, 2005 and it shall once again be THE place to be for all things Callaway! :cool

Enjoy the site!
Chris :m
www.callawayownersgroup.com

I second your comment!... It was a great year.

Congrats to all and Many Thanks for the Participation, Interest, and Interaction.

-Luigi
:cool

I agree, it was a great year, and I'm happy to say i was involved in most of that stuff listed by either being there first hand, watching it on T.V., or reading about it. Along the lines of "reading about it", during '04, the Callaways got a lot more coverage in magazines with 8 articles out of the 12 issues of Corvette Enthusiast and also some other coverage from other Corvette magazines.

Keep up the good work Chris, looking forward to what '05 has to offer.

2004 was a GREAT year. Thanks Chris for your wonderful efforts and time spent educating and helping us to have fun during the 04 season! You have been a great leader for the COG. Your work with the COG and Callaway Cars has been a big benefit to all of us. The one event I wish I could have made was Bloomington Gold, thanks for the invite!, but as you know we were expecting our 2nd bundle of joy. As it turned out Savannah was born Thursday the day before Bloomington started, so I missed it for a great reason! I'm very blessed to be associated with such wonderful people- my Callaway brothers and sisters! 2005 is sure to be a winner as well.

My two thumbs up for Chris in doing all the Callaway work here on this forum and of course to make the Callaway meetings a succes!:upthumbs
And of course to all others which are present on this forum to keep all the Callaway owners and enthusiasts up to day on all the Callaway things :)

Groeten Peter.

Chris Thanks for all your help with the Callaway owners Group . You have done a great job getting the Callaway name out there and back on the map . The more people that are interested in Callaways the better for us. Now that you did a great job with 2004 lets get started with 2005 and we have to aim higher than 2004 Lets get these cars out there.

I agree, Thanks to Chris! It will be hard to top 2004. It will definately go in the Callaway History Book! Long live forced induction.

2005 ? OH MY

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom