Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

***Callaway ZR-1 Overheating Hi Temp***

FX GS said:
Is this a photo of a "young" Chris, dreaming of his Callaway Corvette future?
Nope, Those are Steve's (500HPCR1) pictures - No way would I post my "early days pic's ;)
Enjoy :m

500HPCR1 said:
Hi to all!

Well, Sean has beaten me to the punch again with the good news- 500HPCR1 isnow performing more awesomely that ever- very smooth, very quick, very COOL, true 500 hp.

I'm still very inexperienced at navigating and operating this type of site, I need help! I'd like to post some pics of my car to that thread, plus I have a digital album of the entire convrsion process of my car from reb/black 1990 ZR-1 to Viper Blue SuperNatural Aerobody CR-1, done over winters 1996/7 at Old Lyme.
I'm sure the membership would be interested, but I don't know how to post pics or albums to this site.

Please call me at 518-877-7629 if you think you can help walk me through the process.

Later I'll post all the things we did to restore and improve 500HPCR1's awesome performance.

Keep the Revs Up!

Steve D.
There goes the neighborhood :D

Thats ME!!!!!!!!!!

13 years ago.

Ithink I still weigh the same now...
*89x2* said:
Nope, Those are Steve's (500HPCR1) pictures - No way would I post my "early days pic's ;)
Enjoy :m
zr1-1.jpg

zr1-2.jpg

PS. pong and scroll rule!!!!!!!!!

Thats a great looknig car....if you decide to sell it now or in the future be sure to look me up!

Hope everything works out....the guys here really know there Callaways so hopefully someone will figure it out.

500HPCR1 said:
Hey Guys

I guess my son Sean jumped the gun re overheating problems with 500HPCR1.

It's late and I'll continue this post tomorrow, but to answer a few questions: the coolant is fine, the thermostat seems to be operating ok, I have added a Ron Davis Racing Radiator, new fans, a manual override switch for full manual control of the fans, and added Red Line Water Wetter to the coolant fluid.

Significant overheating with the water temp gauge pinned occurs at slow/no speed operation.

All your suggestions are helpful and I want to get more details from you all tomorrow.

My car is the Viper Blue Aerobody SuperNatural ZR-1 you might have seen on the Carlisle Showfield this past summer.

I am new to this tyope of site and still unfamiliar with how to operate/navigate it. Once I'm more familiar I'll post some pics. Thanks to all and talk to you more tomorrow.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners