Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway ZR-1...Supernatural

• Thread starter Thread starter nolessthanblessed
  • Start date Start date
N

nolessthanblessed

Howdy....can anyone enlighten me on the uniqueness of a 1992 Supernatural Callaway ZR-1 with the 475 hp. What were the sticker prices, the performance specs, and the values today. Is Callaway still modifying Vettes?

Callaway is still modifying Vettes. I'd say a Callaway ZR-1 is pretty unique because I've only seen pictures of maybe a couple of them. As far as value.......it's hard to say unless you're talking about a specific numbered Callaway. Obviously, condition and mileage play a pretty big role. I'm not sure what the sticker prices or the specs were for that car. All I know is that I wish I had one :)

Jay

Man is that a sharp looking ZR. Price sounds great. That car should have no problems running lower 12's.

Jay

Nice car!

That's a nice looking car but the price is high for this market. The mileage is the key here. 32k is low but not for a premium sales price. Wholesale on that car with that mileage is just under $15,000. Retail is around $20,000 or so.

This market is really hell for all these performance cars if you are re-selling. Just saw a 1994 ZR1 with 6k mileage go for $23,000.

Best thing is that if you cannot get your selling price. Don't sell it!

Hope the spring will bring more buyers with dollars.........

Stan:)

nolessthanblessed said:
Howdy....can anyone enlighten me on the uniqueness of a 1992 Supernatural Callaway ZR-1 with the 475 hp. What were the sticker prices, the performance specs, and the values today. Is Callaway still modifying Vettes?

I think this car in particular uses the C.H.I.E.F. package to achieve the numbers :)
i-1_B.JPG

i-3_B.JPG

The car is unique and worth more than a regular ZR1... Reserve met and is up to 27 and some change...
It's in the ballpark for a retail sale :beer

nolessthanblessed, Are you one of the bidders??

Thinkin' on it...have the cash and a 92 ZR-1 I would sell to upgrade my garage...but am in negotiations with starting another couple of smog shops here in S. Cal...would need that cash to finance...but I just paid $21 on eBay in Nov for the 92 with 77k..I drove it from D.C. to Ca in a little over 50 hours...pulled over twice...no tickets...thank God....but will be more certain on other shops tomorrow...if things do not work out with the leases and contracts I will bid...if they do, well I may sell my ZR...only drive it on Saturdays anyhow.....(and I am really a Pace Car guy....shushh, they may blackball me on this forum....yeah I know the Pace Cars are just graphics...but they look sooooo good....):o

Stan,
Where there any problems with that 94 car for 23k? If not, I would jump on a deal like that. Could always use a spare!:beer

Condition?!

Not seeing the car personally, but the person who passed on the info is reliable and he said it was showroom. I agree the price is very good.

It was red/red with both tops. All original tires and hoses. This was the most common color but still at that price, it was a deal!

Take care,
Stan

That looks like the same car that an individual was sellling back in august of last year ...If its the same one it is a C.H.I.E.F kit that was installed by a dealer not Callaway...I did alittle research on it but could not confirm what was actually done to it...The dealer was not around or did not have any record of the kit being installed ...The car looks really good, but has no documentation ...Not slammin the car I think I made an offer on it,but at the time he was not coming down on price 28k-29k I think...
just looked on ebay and it says built by Reeves Callaway;;;they should have records if its the real deal ....The one I saw pictures of back in august had pin stripping down the side with Callaway in it I believe....

I drove by this car one day as I was running late for school and of course saw the precious ZR1 badge on the side and was wanting to stop and drool over it. About a week later I went over there to take a look at it and didn't see it on the lot. So I went inside and asked if they sold it and they said, "It is in the shop b/c we found that it wasn't engaging into 2nd gear." So, they were honest, but it seems that it needed some work. However, that used car dealer (Tomlinson Auto) has the best reputation in the area for "high quality" pre-owned vehicles, but I am not sure this car is the one to go for. There is a 1992 Callaway ZR-1 AeroBody at http://www.zr1.net/ZR1_sale.html with 441 Rear Wheel HP if you are looking for a "special" ZR1.

As far as the Callaway ZR1's being worth more than "regular" ZR1's, it really is all relative. If someone is a "purist", then a Callaway modified ZR1 may not be worth as much to them as a bone stock car (remember that Callaway ZR1's were not, to my knowledge, factory options but were aftermarket changes offered by Callaway). Personally, I think the 40th anniversary cars are holding their values better than any of the other years. Just my .02

Legalfish said:
Personally, I think the 40th anniversary cars are holding their values better than any of the other years. Just my .02

What about the prices then for a 40th anniv Callaway Corvette?

There are 3 cars that Callaway did when new and one that was done, "after mileage"
-The one that was done "after" is currently for sale for 22k (383)

89x2 - Still a modified car. There was a recent sale of a 40th bone stock with 8k miles for $46k.

I was going to buy this car last year. I contacted the folks in old lyme and they have no records of the car. If anyone can get it for a resonable price it will be decent car. At the time I negotiated it down to 31k (if I remember correctly.) The owner was asking 35k.

31 is good - 27.5k is an outright steal , even though it is "still a modified car" :eyerole

Wm Sorg - was the z you bought modified??

Callaway can still do the C.H.I.E.F. pkg if you wanted it as their chip tuning is awesome (since they have GM's help) :beer

No it's 100% stock down to the air filter. I have not planned any mods for now. I still find it an absolute thrill to drive. In fact it prompted me to modify my dalily driver because I could not handle the transition well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom