Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cam ???

Souixchef2

Corvette
i am putting a 355 hp summit top end kit on my 77 l-48 c3 the kit comes with SUMMIT 1103 CAM(214/224-444/446)64 CC ALUMINUM HEADS 202-160 VALVES MY? is would the l82 cam be a better all around street cam

They are pretty close. The L82 has 222 vs 214 degrees degrees intake duration at .050 and 114 degrees LSA vs 112 for the Summit cam but otherwise they are about the same. I doubt you could tell the difference driving them back to back. That basic spec Summit cam has been around for a lot of years and offered by many different Cam companies. I have it in my 69 C10 with a 9.3:1 355 and 3.73 rear gears under a GM Performance part number that says manufactured by Crane.

Tom

thanks i am not sure about now but i know crane used to grind summit cams ,i have there 1105 cam in a 85 c-10 142 blown 350 runs hard wondering about the l82 cam because i am using the l48 bottom end on the build and was trying to stay as close to gm as possible but since so close will go with the summit cam thanks Tom this group is awesome!!

Could very well be a Crane grind.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom