Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Camber strut rods or adjustable rods?

jerry c

Corvette
1981, pearl white, red interior
Good day to all.
I am in the process now of replacing worn out bushings on my '81 vette. I see they now make an adjustable strut rod. Has anyone installed them, and if so what is your opinion of them?
also car is hesitating when i push on the throttle, I did a little tinkering with the carburator runnining a lot better but someone said that if it was here's they would get rid of the rochester card and install a 1406 edelbroke. I ask them why and he said it is a much better carb.
Any thoughts on the carb thing?

Jerry

For daily driving, you do not need adjustable strut rods or a carburetor swap. Your existing carburetor can be rebuilt.
DougRoe-1.jpg

Buy the book; buy a rebuild kit, and do it yourself.

:thumb

All American Carburetors did a great job on mine

Last week got my original Rochester carb back from All American Carburetors in Florida and they did a re-manufacture job on it and it looked brand new when got it back. $300 for work and cost of shipping there and back. Am very pleased for I put it on my 81 Saturday, she fired right up and ran fine and I still have all the ECM system operating. There website is www.allamericancarburetor.com .

DSCI0554-1.jpg

The key to the '81 carb is getting the initial adjustments within specs.

That's a pretty reasonable price for the carb reman in my opinion. I had a 1967 Holley done by one of the top restorers a few years ago and it was well over $400. That was just for a complete first rate reman but not a full on restoration of the part to as new show appearance.

Tom

Good day to all.
I am in the process now of replacing worn out bushings on my '81 vette. I see they now make an adjustable strut rod. Has anyone installed them, and if so what is your opinion of them?
also car is hesitating when i push on the throttle, I did a little tinkering with the carburator runnining a lot better but someone said that if it was here's they would get rid of the rochester card and install a 1406 edelbroke. I ask them why and he said it is a much better carb.
Any thoughts on the carb thing?

Jerry

The adjustable strut rods are just different, not better. The Edelbrock carb is a downgrade in size and technology, very hard to beat a qjet. I'd fix it if I were you.

Do you still have the CCC attached and working?? -- if yes and you want to change the carb to another model, you will have to disable the CCC -- This means a new distributor as well

struts

Want to thank everyone who responded to strut and carb questions. It is great to hear from so many knowledgeable people, it really helps. Bought a rebuild kit for the rochester will be rebuilding it this week. about through with restoration for this year. took it for a little spin friday running pretty good. do the carb and shoilkd be road worth and time to do some driving. Will post some pics in a few days
Thanks, jerry c:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom