Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Can anyone Help

Kennyken707

Corvette
Touch red 2001 c5 convert
I have a 2001 c5 convertible. I noticed recently that someone should pull up next to me and tell me my break lights are not working. When this happens my turn signals also are not working. I took the car straight home and after an hour I check the break lights and turn signals. They all seem to work. This has happened twice. Then I drive the car with no problem. I checked all fuses,all ok. I did research and came up with this: the hazard light switch may be going out or is bad,not sure if this has anything to do with my problem? Can anyone help with this problem?

First off a welcome is in order. :w CAC has a treasure-trove of great troubleshooters who can answer your questions. :thumb My first thought when I started reading your post, was in fact, the hazard switch. I'm not sure if it affects the brake lights, but makes sense. My suggestion is work that switch multi-times. Sometimes, just pushing the switch on and off multi-times can clean the contacts enough where it works again. Come to think about it, on my 2003 Pontiac Bonneville, the brake lights did the same thing and replacing the hazard switch fixed it. I think it's a good place to start.

Welcome again to CAC!

thanks tom

Tom thanks for the info that makes sense.pushing the hazard switch should clean the contact. Thanks again. What do you think about the turn signal switch?

Tom thanks for the info that makes sense.pushing the hazard switch should clean the contact. Thanks again. What do you think about the turn signal switch?

The wiring for the turn signals is routed through the hazard switch, so I'm guessing the turn signal switch is OK, just need to 'exercise' that hazard.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom