Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can some one do a poll : Common Codes ?

Jistari

Corvette
2001 Black on Black A4 Coupe
Can some one do a poll : Common DIC Codes or problems?

I'm just trying to get a handle on how common it is for the C5 owners here to have a trouble code on the DIC that takes more then one fix to get rid of?

I have had intermittent Service Active Handling (1296) over a year.

You could put a few of the common codes as choices (Service Active Handling, Service Traction Control), and also stuff like Colum Lock done (before problem), Colum Lock done (after problem), Yup it leaked in the rain (vert), Yup it leaked in the rain (coupe), Nope never leaked.

Just looking to get an idea of how common it is to have a problem among our subscribers here (or how rare :).

Thanks

How much time do you have???:hb
Fact is, many codes seem to be constant with c5, but there are many reasons for codes, and only accurate diagnosis can determine exact faults.
Column lock, there are over 50 different reasons, but the most likely is a bad relay or the actuator itself.
Convertible or coupe, it shouldnt leak but maybe a drop.
We could literally spend hours on what, how or why on this, but many codes set for many different reasons.
Allthebest,c4c5

Yup, I hear ya. I was just a littel annoyed at having this recurring Active Handling code, the place I bought the car said that the C5's throw codes all the time. I just wanted to test that theory.
I have asked a bunch of people at car shows, many said that they never have any DIC codes. Now I know that not everyone knows how to pull the codes so without some other indicator (as with the yellow skid marks you get when Active Handling/Traction Control is disabled on the instrument panel) people may be unaware of problems they do have, but I was really just trying to get a feel for how common it is to have a problem.
Felt like I was the only one having problems :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom