Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can you help with build sheet

cal camara

Corvette
1961 Red, 1969 red, 1972 black, 1973 silver, 1990
I have a 1972 convertible that I am trying to figure out what is original, what is not, and what the car was originally. It is a 72 convertible. It was originally orange that I can see, it is now black. I can see it is a convertible
lol.gif
. The car is in solid condition, most all parts seem to be there. The car was garaged for 15 - 20 years. Interior looks so good it may have been replaced. Here the list so far:

1. It has a 1975 corvette engine in it.
2. It has a tilt steering with the wrong wheel
3. It has an automatic transmission.
4. It has replacement seat belts.

I made a hand written copy of the build sheet, I could read most of the info, I do not know how to post the picture of it. Hear is some of the info.

1. Date recieved 71/12/03 seems to match trim code of E10. Exp date 71/12/16
2. Order number 1fm583, zone 31, dealer 473
3. 19467 corvette convert, paint 2v987aa1 97-97 Ontario or
4. equipment codes, CKW, LR., T., B, BB,
5. Option No. 2V203AA, 2VGVAA, 2V2W4AA, (2VC05AA, convertble top) (2VFR2HS,Front Springs), (2V632EA,Rear springs) (2VLO8AA,Engine emission cert) (2VPT1AA,F70 x 15 tires) (2VU69AC,am/fm push button radio) (2V2KBAP,tire pressure sticker) 2V400BP,(black vynyl) (OGSS OR CUST E9?? CANT READ WELL) (ALSO HAND WRITTEN IS 2VAV3AA SEAT & SHOULDER /3 POINT. AND RN 3637)
6. Type standard engine, rear axel 3,36 ratio, base transmission, F HUB, R HUB

thanks
cal

Are the ends of the transmission crossmember bolted or welded to the frame side rails? Does it have a clutch cross shaft tower welded to the top of the frame below the master cylinder? The "CKW" and "base transmission" and 3.36 axle indicates that it was originally built as a 4-speed.
:beer

you did

I am still trying to get information, I recieved some basic information but so far it is incomplete, is there a book or something that has the codes, the black book numbers do not seem to be the same.

cal camara said:
I am still trying to get information, I recieved some basic information but so far it is incomplete, is there a book or something that has the codes, the black book numbers do not seem to be the same.

OK, but it's hard to tell exactly WHAT information you have and don't have.

Got a specific?

What I do not know

I do know what the following means.

4. equipment codes, CKW, LR., T., B, BB, 5. Option No. 2V203AA, 2VGVAA, 2V2W4AA, (2VFR2HS,Front Springs), (2V632EA,Rear springs)

(2V2KBAP,tire pressure sticker)

(OGSS OR CUST E9?? CANT READ WELL) (ALSO HAND WRITTEN IS 2VAV3AA SEAT & SHOULDER /3 POINT. AND RN 3637)

F HUB, R HUB

I have the rest, as you can see most is still unknown to me, but it may be routine for everyone else
thanks
cal

The handwritten 2AV3AA is convertible 3-point seat belts, and indicates a factory change in the original order specs (either due to a material shortage or a last-minute change in the order from the dealer or zone), and the RN3637 is the authorization number for the local deviation that made the substitution.

Thanks

I can take that off the list.
cal

I was looking at my NCRS magazine yesterday and saw an ad for '67-'72 reproduction tank stickers. I don't know if a tank sticker is the same thing as a build sheet or if it has the same info. If so, the guy's name is Steve Lavigne (864) 963-2991 and his NCRS Mbr. No. is 7553. I haven't personally dealt with him. Hope it helps.

thanks

Yes, this is a tank sticker. I will make contact thanks
cal