Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can you say oops?

tigernut

While enjoying the 70+ deg weather Saturday, I decided to "use" my torque after leaving one farm road for another.

I had a little too much fun apparently, as the car skidded badly, spun completely around and went off the road going about 40mph into freshly mowed straw.

I've done this numerous times without issue, but as I was having a little "fishtale" fun, it felt like one back side tire decided to grab pavement (i.e. lock up) and kicked my car backwards and directed me to the side of the road (maybe I should check my diff fluid level?).

Thankfully I'm none the worse for wear. The vette survived with only a shredded back tire and an interior and exterior full of straw. What a mess. Quite a bit of straw ended up in my mouth also.

Had to call my wife to bring me my spare (laying in the garage) and a fellow car enthusiast (souped up 80's Mustang) stopped by and went back home for a better jack.

I have to brag on my wife, she actually had the forethought to bring a extension cord, shop light and power inverter as daylight was running out.

Put the spare on and the car drove home fine.

I only got to enjoy the nice day about 15 minutes before it all happened. At least those 15 minutes were memorable. Now onto a tire store tomorrow.

Doug

MyTireOops.JPG

Glad you had some fun and glad you weren't hurt. Good luck with the new tires.

she showed up with a power inverter....i'll be darned

Glad you and the car are safe. Just like snowmobiling you get the rear end out to far and for sure its going to come around (if a snowmoblie comes around your normally flipping though)

this summer the wife had the 62 come out from under her from a secound gear shift, Cop was right behind her and stopped traffic so she could get it heading in the correct direction again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom