Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! car died on road today loud popping noises

fairlesstj

Corvette
1993 ruby coupe
car died on road today loud popping noises like misfire our backfire while driving then i let of on the gas and she died. I got her towed home and pulled codes this is what I got from the ccm

31=LCD Data Circuit shorted to B+ or CCM internal open.
33=Data Clock Circuit shorted to B+ or CCM internal open.
35=Data Strobe circuit shorted to B+ or CCM internal open.
37=M Clock Circuit open or shorted to B+ or CCM internal open.

no engine codes
I did have a pinhole leak near the radiator upper return hose was leaking all day I was out away from home found it leaking refilled the fluids and had been on the road heading home for about 15min watching the gauges when it happened.
The car did not overheat and oil pressure and temp was good.
New to all this but have been reading alot about peoples problems for the last month my first guess is optispark. The codes dont say optispark. What can I do now to troubleshoot? I was planning on pulling the opti. The popping was similiar to when my ecm was bad when the feds wouldnt let my car run but I would try pry revving it. Please any help pointing me in the right direction would be huge. by the way car is 1993 coupe.

Just a guess but you should check all the connectors for corrosion or water in the connector plugs. Also check the ground strap on the frame near that hose leak to be sure it is making good contact.

car died on road today loud popping noises like misfire our backfire while driving then i let of on the gas and she died. I got her towed home and pulled codes this is what I got from the ccm

31=LCD Data Circuit shorted to B+ or CCM internal open.
33=Data Clock Circuit shorted to B+ or CCM internal open.
35=Data Strobe circuit shorted to B+ or CCM internal open.
37=M Clock Circuit open or shorted to B+ or CCM internal open.

no engine codes
I did have a pinhole leak near the radiator upper return hose was leaking all day I was out away from home found it leaking refilled the fluids and had been on the road heading home for about 15min watching the gauges when it happened.
The car did not overheat and oil pressure and temp was good.
New to all this but have been reading alot about peoples problems for the last month my first guess is optispark. The codes dont say optispark. What can I do now to troubleshoot? I was planning on pulling the opti. The popping was similiar to when my ecm was bad when the feds wouldnt let my car run but I would try pry revving it. Please any help pointing me in the right direction would be huge. by the way car is 1993 coupe.

I hear "opti-spark".....it might sound alot like "I wanna park"...but that list says opti-spark.

Just a guess but you should check all the connectors for corrosion or water in the connector plugs. Also check the ground strap on the frame near that hose leak to be sure it is making good contact.

I will thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom