Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car won't start at times

mmorse

Corvette
'08 coupe, Z51, 3LT, NPP
Lately there's been a few times when my car refuses to start. I get nothing. No clicking, nothing. All the accessories still work. I replaced the battery 2 days ago as it was going and thought that would cure the problem. But today, I went to lunch and when I got in to go back to work, it would not start. Each time, I wait a few minutes, and the car then starts. This last time I had to wait 20 minutes before it would start back up.

As it stands now, I never know if the car will start at any given time. What could be the cause of this? It's an 08 coupe with manual transmission.

Hi Hib,
Yes it is by 2 months! You probably don't remember but we met some years back at Jim Van Dorn's shop in the desert. Your purple (Barney) ZR1 was there because it had broken down on a dyno run I believe.

It 's the Peter principle at work. I have had 6 Vettes and this is the first time I didn't go for an extended warranty. It figures.

Took the car to the dealer and they were able to duplicate the problem but could not find its cause. There were no codes but they did notice on the one time it would not start that there was no voltage going to the starter.

That was a week ago and the car started each time until today. Went to my brother's house and when I went to leave the car would not start. He lives on a hill so I was able to start the car by popping the clutch.

I've never had the RCDLR reprogrammed. Not sure if that would help at all. I do notice a whirring or something like a small fan sound by the push button when I press it in on instances when the car won't start. I don't hear it when the car starts.

Anybody suggest where I can take the car in SO. Cal, preferably Orange County where I can take it? The car is my everyday driver so I REALLY need to get this solved or I will have to dump the car.

Took the car to the dealer and they were able to duplicate the problem but could not find its cause. There were no codes but they did notice on the one time it would not start that there was no voltage going to the starter.

That was a week ago and the car started each time until today. Went to my brother's house and when I went to leave the car would not start. He lives on a hill so I was able to start the car by popping the clutch.

I've never had the RCDLR reprogrammed. Not sure if that would help at all. I do notice a whirring or something like a small fan sound by the push button when I press it in on instances when the car won't start. I don't hear it when the car starts.

Anybody suggest where I can take the car in SO. Cal, preferably Orange County where I can take it? The car is my everyday driver so I REALLY need to get this solved or I will have to dump the car.

I have had this issue in BOTH my Vert and Z06....and everytime it's the fob....I move it out of my pocket (always happens when I have thick clothes on) and reposition it in cabin usually cup holder, wait 15 seconds and it cranks right up....hope this helps

Thanks for the reply but I had a bad starter. Replaced and all works fine now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom