Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carlisle: Everybody OK??

Corvette
89 White Cvt/Hdtp 89 Callaway #59
I see that a big storm went thru Sat nite. Just checking to see if all COG members and cars are OK?? Hoping for best Ike

As of this morning everyone from Callaway and cars were o.k. :upthumbsI left there around 10am. It was quite a storm!:eek:hnoes

All's well with the Kemps!

Elaine

All of the Callaway cars and folks were OK We were fortunate but the 57 group which was right behind us did not do as well.

Great to hear you guys and the cars are OK! Sorry to hear some cars were damaged :cry Hope nobody there was injured bad. See some pics looks like winds were strong enougn to bring a few tents down. :w

carla and i left around 6:00pm so we missed it but from the pics that i've seen, most of the tents were down. including the one over the 57 reunion. ouch. 5 people were also injured.

Lots of (bad) rumors, pics I am sure, made it look worse. :crazy

I was on grounds for this. Scary as heck, 57 tent was the worst it seemed, property wise :(

Left about a hour and a half before the storm hit! :eyerole
I left around 3 PM. Wow, what a "HOT" day at Carlisle!!! In Maryland the storms were pretty bad as well. Fortunate to be home a while before the rain and lightning arrived.

Our buddy Tom (Corvettes Anonymous) - MMC5, didn't have such a good time. Checked on him this morning and his tent was on the ground. He spent the morning wringing out all the great clothes, etc. that he brought. Even took all the feathers off his chicken! But Tom's okay and stuff can be replaced.
Really nice to meet you Tom. Bet that weather felt like home! :beer

GLAD TO HEAR EVERYONE AND THEIR CARS ARE ALL RIGHT. I HAD JUST LEFT THE SHOW GROUNDS AND WAS LOADING MY CAR IN THE ENCLOSED TRAILER WHEN THE STORM HIT I THOUGHT I WAS IN KANSAS WITH DOROTHY AND TOTO . TO BAD THE WEATHER CAUSED PROBLEMS FOR SUCH A GREAT WEEKEND

Here are some pics from after the storm...

But in the AM everything was cleaned up and the event was back as usual. Glad nobody was injured, most of the stuff looks worse that it seemed. Of course, anyone whose cars were dinged must have been very upset.

-Luigi
:cool

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom