Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carlisle Who is going from the C1/C2 section

Yup, I'll be there. VNV was a BIG help. I'll arrive at Oh-Dark-Hundred Thursday evening and leave early Saturday morning or as soon as I sober up.

We (Marcia & I) will be in Chambersburg Holiday Inn Wednesday night. And in and out of the gate THursday, settling in Friday.
I'll be in the Registry area.
Last year was spent finding parts, this year will be putting faces with names that I've met on the forum.
I'm realy looking forward to the long weekend.
Clint

Looks like we will have a good showing of folks on Thursday.... Show does not really open until Friday and we are going to have our own show....drive safe all see you there...

Looks like we will have a good showing of folks on Thursday.... Show does not really open until Friday and we are going to have our own show....drive safe all see you there...

and we are going to have our own show....

It'll be a warm up beer dring show....(Hic)....;)

Sorry that I will miss all of you. It is just too far from here, and my ankle wouldn't take that much walking anyway! Maybe by next year I will have a new ankle, and the 65 will be done as well.

Regards, John McGraw

I'm back from the fringes and will be all over Carlisle, especially the 63-67 registry, look forward to seeing everyone. Dennis

Sorry that I will miss all of you. It is just too far from here, and my ankle wouldn't take that much walking anyway! Maybe by next year I will have a new ankle, and the 65 will be done as well.

Regards, John McGraw

John,
Sorry to hear about that Ankle... as suggested on VH .. what about renting one of those powered chairs..??

John,
Sorry to hear about that Ankle... as suggested on VH .. what about renting one of those powered chairs..??

Mark,
I just can't bring myself to go the scooter route yet, I am just too young!:L
If I watch the ammount of time I spend on my feet, it is still tolerable, but I am sure looking forward to a new ankle joint! I have been through 4 surgeries since the accident, and it just ain't going to get any better than this. I finally broke down and got a handicapped hang tag for my car, but it took 5 years of pain before my pride would even let me do that! I am really kind of anti-social anyway, and would rather just be out in the garage working on the cars than almost anything else anyway.

Regards, John McGraw

I'll be there. My neighbor, Dennis, and I already have his pickup packed. We're leaving at about 5 AM Thursday morning.

Should be there at 6:30AM. We're setting up in I 27 to I 30.

Stop by if you get a chance. Chuck

Wed. Afternoon

I should be at the Inn by 5:00PM. Safe trip all, see you there.

Mark,
I just can't bring myself to go the scooter route yet, I am just too young!

John, young or old, who cares! I'm 41 which isn't old (hopefully) and if I could wrangle a handicap sticker to be able to drive around in one of them scooters to save me tons and tons of walking i'd do it in a hearbeat. H*ll, maybe i'm just lazy, but i'm rather ride or drive around than walk anytime!

I don't have a handicap permit but maybe I can just show the 18" scar on my leg where they operated on my knee and leg after a motorcycle accident that shattered my leg into about 60 pieces and destroyed my knee. My leg gets sore and tired very quickly so I'd ride a scooter around and be grinning the whole time regardless of age. :)
hmmm, i could add one of those big squeeze horns from a bicycle, a pair of dice hanging from the handlebars, and a radio to listen to my iPod tunes as I'm cruising around the showfield.

hmmm, could I add a cowcatcher to the front also to help push all the slow people out of the way as I'm coming thru......... ?
ok, maybe that's why they would rather I wasn't riding a scooter afterall! ;LOL

Mark,
I just can't bring myself to go the scooter route yet, I am just too young!:L
If I watch the ammount of time I spend on my feet, it is still tolerable, but I am sure looking forward to a new ankle joint! I have been through 4 surgeries since the accident, and it just ain't going to get any better than this. I finally broke down and got a handicapped hang tag for my car, but it took 5 years of pain before my pride would even let me do that! I am really kind of anti-social anyway, and would rather just be out in the garage working on the cars than almost anything else anyway.

Regards, John McGraw

Hi! John

Sorry! to here that you will not be at Carlisle. I was looking forward to thanking you in person for the help and guidance on my restoration projects.

I know what you mean about working in the shop, now that the 63 SWC is 99% done I am having Corvette restoration withdrawal symptoms. Maybe I will get lucky and get an offer on the SWC that I can not refuse. I sure would like to restore a fuelie!

Enjoy the shop time!

Ray

I don't have a handicap permit but maybe I can just show the 18" scar on my leg where they operated on my knee and leg after a motorcycle accident that shattered my leg into about 60 pieces and destroyed my knee. My leg gets sore and tired very quickly so I'd ride a scooter around and be grinning the whole time regardless of age. :)
hmmm, i could add one of those big squeeze horns from a bicycle, a pair of dice hanging from the handlebars, and a radio to listen to my iPod tunes as I'm cruising around the showfield.

hmmm, could I add a cowcatcher to the front also to help push all the slow people out of the way as I'm coming thru......... ?
ok, maybe that's why they would rather I wasn't riding a scooter afterall! ;LOL

How about this, Barry?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bab/195152403.html

:D;LOL

I'm not a C1 or C2 guy (I can only wish), but I'd like to thank Stepinwolf(Bob) for letting me sell my wares at his Carlisle spot for the second year. I know Bob is already at Carlisle, but I'd like to say Bob is a class act. When you stop by to say hi to Bob, please introduce yourself to me if we haven't already met. And don't forget the backway in:
http://webpages.charter.net/ggwright/panorama.jpg

My "back way in" comes in handy when you want to "get the hell out" in the afternoons.

Everyone have a great rip and speed safey. ;)

:w
Guy

Will be there on Friday. Just doing the one day turnaround - mooching a ride up with friends. Will look you all up. Barry - this time for sure.

Safe trips all.

Thom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom