Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Catch Can Oil

Willfulone

Corvette
2004 CE Coupe
Hi Everyone,

I get a few emails a week asking if catch cans really work. I did a valve cover job this week and had to remove the catch can to do the work. Here is what came out of the can after 2000 miles of "light" :D driving.

IMG_2302_edited.jpg

It was about 2oz.

Peace
Chip

catch can

WOW,:cool I just put one on my 99 vert,and i glad i did:)

what exactly is a catch can????

got a '99 coup, I drive 2.5 miles to work ,home for lunch and back and home after work 10miles a day takes about 3-5 minutes if I catch the lights right. tell me why I need one of these.and whAT exactly

what exactly is a catch can????

got a '99 coup, I drive 2.5 miles to work ,home for lunch and back and home after work 10miles a day takes about 3-5 minutes if I catch the lights right. tell me why I need one of these.and whAT exactly it does. thanks for your help:beer

what vacum line are your guys useing to run this inline with?

got a '99 coup, I drive 2.5 miles to work ,home for lunch and back and home after work 10miles a day takes about 3-5 minutes if I catch the lights right. tell me why I need one of these.and whAT exactly it does. thanks for your help:beer

You may or may not need one. It kind of depends on you car and how you drive it. Typically the harder you drive it the more oil vapor you make from the crank case. That oil vapor is routed back into your manifold, where it collects and coats the inside of you manifold with oil. Some cars throw more vapors than others...

The can is designed to strip the oil vapors out of the air and collect them before they get back to your manifold.

You can check with some minor effort. Disconnect your TB and stick your hand inside your manifold and run it down the floor of the manifold. If your hand comes out coated with oil, you may want to consider a PCV Oil Catch Can

Peace
Chip

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom