Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CD Player

T

Troublemaker 71

Why can't an in-dash CD player be mounted in the jack storage
compartment ? Crutchfield said it would't play unless it was
laying flat. Anybody have a CD/Reciever mounted vertically ?

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
They have to be mounted virtually flat. If you have ever installed a multi disc changer you would see they have dials made on the side of them that you twist in conjunction with the mounting angle. This keeps it on track.

I would suggest you get a compact multi disc changer and install it in the cubby. I have a 10 disc in the cubby of the 90 vette, and several other member here have them stuffed in the cubby on the C3 vettes.

I don't think you would want the receiver mounted back there anyway, because you could not see it to adjust the volume etc (unless it is a remote unit).

Buckskin7T7V

Corvette
1977 Buckskin
Wrong!!!!
I have a SONY CD changer and it will work fron 0 to 90 degrees. Model CDX-454RF about $200.00.
I run it stright up.

A

Ala75Vette

Well, this is a topic that's been covered a few other times in this forum. I agree with 69MyWay, the simplest thing to do is to mount a multi-Cd changer in the tool compartment (behind the passenger seat) with a custom-fit stereo/CD controller in the stock radio location behind the instrument bezel. I personally have a Custom Autosound USA-5 am/fm/cassette with a 6-disc CD changer in the cubby, and custom boom box back in the cargo area. It sorta depends on how much $$$ you want to spend, and how willing you are to do the installation yourself as to how much stereo you can get. There's lots of options, tho, for our C3s...

T

Troublemaker 71

How is the sound quality on the Sony unit ? It's FM Modulated,
any reception issues ?

Buckskin7T7V

Corvette
1977 Buckskin
I have grounded everything in this car. I have installed electronic "gizmo's" from time to time and the floating ground sucks. Sounds good and I am thinking of adding a Bazooka power subWoofer. I installed MB Quarts speakers in the dash and Boston Acoustics in the rear. Would like to add Alpine tweeters in the front also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom