Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CD Player

T

Troublemaker 71

Why can't an in-dash CD player be mounted in the jack storage
compartment ? Crutchfield said it would't play unless it was
laying flat. Anybody have a CD/Reciever mounted vertically ?

They have to be mounted virtually flat. If you have ever installed a multi disc changer you would see they have dials made on the side of them that you twist in conjunction with the mounting angle. This keeps it on track.

I would suggest you get a compact multi disc changer and install it in the cubby. I have a 10 disc in the cubby of the 90 vette, and several other member here have them stuffed in the cubby on the C3 vettes.

I don't think you would want the receiver mounted back there anyway, because you could not see it to adjust the volume etc (unless it is a remote unit).

Wrong!!!!
I have a SONY CD changer and it will work fron 0 to 90 degrees. Model CDX-454RF about $200.00.
I run it stright up.

Well, this is a topic that's been covered a few other times in this forum. I agree with 69MyWay, the simplest thing to do is to mount a multi-Cd changer in the tool compartment (behind the passenger seat) with a custom-fit stereo/CD controller in the stock radio location behind the instrument bezel. I personally have a Custom Autosound USA-5 am/fm/cassette with a 6-disc CD changer in the cubby, and custom boom box back in the cargo area. It sorta depends on how much $$$ you want to spend, and how willing you are to do the installation yourself as to how much stereo you can get. There's lots of options, tho, for our C3s...

How is the sound quality on the Sony unit ? It's FM Modulated,
any reception issues ?

I have grounded everything in this car. I have installed electronic "gizmo's" from time to time and the floating ground sucks. Sounds good and I am thinking of adding a Bazooka power subWoofer. I installed MB Quarts speakers in the dash and Boston Acoustics in the rear. Would like to add Alpine tweeters in the front also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom