Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CD Problem

R

RaZr

I've got an '06 C6 with std. CD player. I've got problems with playback on CD's I've burned when the car is moving. Once I get 3-4 songs into the playlist, the system starts going haywire. Doesn't matter what song I start from on playlist, once system gets warmed up, it starts sending out static and scratching noises once I get into that third or fourth song. This happens on every CD I've burned. When i first noticed this when car was new, the dealership couldn't get it to repeat. I know now that's because it has to be warmed up and not sitting in the garage. It's still under warranty, so I'll take it back one of these days, but has anyone run into this before, or have an idea what's going on?

HI there,
Possibly the way they are formated may have something to do with it.
Attempt to play a different disc that someone else may have burned and see if that still happens.
If so, then the player may have an internal problem.
Allthebest, c4c5

HI there,
Possibly the way they are formated may have something to do with it.
Attempt to play a different disc that someone else may have burned and see if that still happens.
If so, then the player may have an internal problem.
Allthebest, c4c5

It had been a while since I ran a commercial CD in it, so I put one in yesterday, and it had the same problem. It must have something to do with the heat also, since the problem stayed with the CD after the car had been parked in the sun and left alone for several hours. Even though the engine had cooled down, the interior was still hot, and the problem was there at the beginning of play this time. Thanks for your input.

What software are you using to burn your cd's?
I tried a bunch of different ones before I came to the conclusion that NERO is the
best one, Once I started using NERO all my problems ceased...

I have a problem with my basic, single disc player also. I only have commercially produced discs, so it is not my burn technique causing it. After several songs into the CD, it suddenly stops playing and goes to the radio. I thought it was heat, but the CD itself is never hot to the touch. I also thought it was a bump in the road, but it isn't that, either.

UPDATE

What software are you using to burn your cd's?
I tried a bunch of different ones before I came to the conclusion that NERO is the
best one, Once I started using NERO all my problems ceased...

I'm using what came with my Mac, and updated with Apple. I don't know what it's called.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom