Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 CE vs LT4

1996 LT4 Topic
O

okie

I see a lot of you have the 96 Collector's Edition. How does that car differ from the 96 LT4? From what I am reading there are 4 basic types of 96. The LT4, the Grand Sport, the Collector's Edition, and the LT1. Is that right????

Hello and Welcome kie...

You left one combination out of your list Okie... There also was an LT4 powered CE available in 96 as well..... and to qoute another CAC member.. "The Excellent is New Forever!"

:w
Steve.

only 2 engines

1996's are as simple as this:

1. There are only 2 engines that were available: 1.) LT1 (installed in all automatic cars) 2.) LT4 (installed in all manual transmission cars).

2. Grandsport's were LT4 cars with a special paint job and wider rear wheels. Rims are also black 5 spoke.

3. CE cars had a silver paint job and silver 5 spoke wheels. This appearance package could be ordered with auto(LT1) or manual (LT4).

One More question

Thanks, got a better understanding now. Just one more question (for today anyway). Did any of you have trouble with the window seals splitting or cracking? Mine has some splits along the area where the side glass meet the rubber. Dealer says there is not much you can really do as the glass will just rub another spot on it. I thought about black silicon, but he advises that would just make it look worse. No leaks yet, so perhaps it is just better to leave it alone for now.

The car has only been in the shop away from me for 24 hours now and I already miss it. I am beginning to understand what all of you are talking about.... At least the dealer has been true to his word about fixing any problems I found....

Okie,

I lubricate my weatherstrip with GM dielectric silicone grease (Part Number 12345579). It keeps it looking decent, and helps tremendously to cut down on the annoying squeaks that the removable roof has been notorious for. I don't know how it would do for already cracking rubber, but it does seem to work fairly well to help keep it from happening in other areas. :)

Paul

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom