Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

centerforce vs mcleod clutch

ZR1 MK

Corvette
ZR1 CORVETTE
What is your opinion regarding clutch choices? I plan to use a Fidenza flywheel. I am comparing the Cenerforce 1 centrifugal clutch/pressure plate combination unit and the Mcleod dual friction (Kevlar/organic) for a 1994 Camaroa used with a stock type pressure plate. The Mcleod clutch has 3 of 6 springs covered in urethane. The Mcleod is a Marc Haibeck suggestion.
Has anyone converted to a new flywheel and clutch unit, but still use the original low mileage pressure plate?
My car is mainly used for street and road racing. Current hp is 400 rw. I plan to have an increase of 100 in the future. I CAN NOT tolerate clutch chatter, but additional trans noise is ok.

I'm running about the same power at the wheels. I've used the McLeod aluminum flywheel, the McLeod/Valeo clutch and a McLeod sprung-hub disc for a number of years. I have never experienced any trouble and am very satisfied with the performance of the clutch. I have not experienced clutch chatter.

I'd say the McLeod is pretty reliable up to about the 425hp at the wheels range. If you're going to eventually be at 500hp at the wheels, you may need a two-plate clutch, which McLeod also has.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom