Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chambered undercar exhaust

• Thread starter Thread starter Quacker
  • Start date Start date
Quacker,

I figured that the floor pan would be a problem, I still think I'm going with the 81 true duals and the cherry bombs or a similar muffler. Sidepipes would be cool, but it’s damn pricey even the non chrome ones (maybe a future install after everything is pretty much done). Thanks for doing the legwork.

Doug

Quacker,

I just got off the phone with Jim Skinner from Allen's. He said that they could make a chambered exhaust for our year Vette. It's basically the same configuration of the true duals, which are routed, on the right side. He said that they would put in 14 inches of chambered pipe through the tunnel and where the mufflers would be located an additional 14 inches of chambered pipe would be put in. The down side is that the chambered portion is 2 3/4 inches in diameter and will be a tight fit in the tunnel portion, also it will be louder than the regular chambered pipes because they usually want 34 to 36 inches of chambered pipe, whereas these have a total of only 28 inches. The cost is $400.00 for alum; I didn't ask the price for SS. They will provide the hangers needed. If you have headers they can modify the pipes for that. Their number in case you or anyone else is interested is 574-722-7272 ask for Jim Skinner or Mike Allen (owner). I think this is the way I'm going. My car is not a daily driver, so loud pipes won't bother me, besides I don't think it will be louder than my Harley is now.

Hope this helps

Doug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom