Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Changing brake calipers and Emergency brakes:

Flushing system:

I'm going to be replacing all 4 calipers. Should I flush the system FIRST with the old calipers still on, using the old calipers and their bleeder screws for flushing? Then removed the old calipers and install the new ones, and then BLEED all four?
Would this be the best way to do it???
Thanks again....

Remove the caliper, flush the old fluid from the open line into a waste container, install new caliper and bleed.

Did you measure runout/axle play yet?

Remove the caliper, flush the old fluid from the open line into a waste container, install new caliper and bleed.

No, I don't have the tools for that. For right now, it's a hope and poke. Like one of my pool shots... :w

My shop manual gives the bleeding squence as starting at the left rear, then right rear. Most people say start at the further's from the MC, which would be the right rear. Should I do what the manual says, left rear first?

My shop manual gives the bleeding squence as starting at the left rear, then right rear. Most people say start at the further's from the MC, which would be the right rear. Should I do what the manual says, left rear first?

Yes, that seems to be the new thinking on the subject. I've read that the LR is actually further away from the MC than the RR--go figure. . .

Really, left rear is further... Maybe is has something to do with the routing of the brake line itself....?????:w Thanks,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom