Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Changing oil based lubricants to synthetic

TONYS Z52

Corvette
1987 Black Z52 Coupe
I purchased a 1987 coupe last Sept.2015 with 10,234 documented miles it was always well maintained so am looking forward to Apr. getting it out of storage at this time I want to change all lubricants to synthetic and would like input as to brand names and feasibility of the change that members may have experience with.Changes I want to make are Automatic 700R4 transmission,rear end differential,coolant and any additives that may be recommended also brake fluid.Any input will be greatly appreciated,I already use Mobil1 oil thank you TONYS Z52.

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum, and into the C4 Tech Forum...

All types of coolant and brake fluid are already synthetic so you can cross those off your list. As to whether there's any real-world benefits to using synthetics in other areas and which brand is best, I'll get some popcorn and beer and watch the show. :thumb

I pay for my beer with all the money saved by staying away from snake oil additives.

I'd recommend lubricants from Gibbs Driven Racing Oil and Red Line

Driven HR Synthetic 10W30 for your engine
Red Line D4 ATF in your transmission
Driven 75W90 Limited Slip Gear Oil in your rear axle.
Red Line Power Steering Fluild for your steering

I use Valvoline Synthetic Brake fluid in most of my cars but, for track use, I prefer Willwood 600 Plus. Admittely, the Willwood is a very expensive products so I suggest that only if the car is driven very aggresively on the street or is raced.

For coolant a 50/50 mix of just about any name brand antifreeze and tap water will work, but I prefer to mix the antifreeze with distilled water.

oil products

I'd recommend lubricants from Gibbs Driven Racing Oil and Red Line

Driven HR Synthetic 10W30 for your engine
Red Line D4 ATF in your transmission
Driven 75W90 Limited Slip Gear Oil in your rear axle.
Red Line Power Steering Fluild for your steering

I use Valvoline Synthetic Brake fluid in most of my cars but, for track use, I prefer Willwood 600 Plus. Admittely, the Willwood is a very expensive products so I suggest that only if the car is driven very aggresively on the street or is raced.

For coolant a 50/50 mix of just about any name brand antifreeze and tap water will work, but I prefer to mix the antifreeze with distilled water.

Thanks for the tips Hib I will look into these products.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom