Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Charging System? Is this maybe normal?

Pseudomind

Corvette
2002 MY Roadster
Due to other commitments and the weather, I have not driven my Corvette in two weeks. I decided I was going to drive it this weekend one way or the other. It started right up, but after driving about a mile it died momentarily, then came back on. I drove about four or five miles, stopped at a stop sign, made aright turn and it died momentarily again. I am thinking here maybe something in the fuel, even though this tank is over ¾’s full and I just added a bottle of Techron during the last fill up. That was the only two times it has happened.
I just finished driving it again this morning and it did not happen. What did happen is that when I started it up I received a message on the DIC, “Charging System Fault,” Afterwards I ran reset the DIC and ran the diagnostics at least three times with no errors found except this in the auto mode diagnostics;
A1 – RDCM B2265 H
In the manual mode which I ran once the auto-diagnostics had finished running the manual mode will display this;
A1 – RDCM 1 Code
Is there a method using the DIC to dig down further and see what this code is? Or is it just stating that for the A1 – RDCM, it has only just found one error code?
Is there a method to reset this code as running the pressing the “Reset,” key prior to running the DIC Diagnostic’s apparently does not reset it.
Thanks

I think that it is saying you have one code related to the right door control module. It is B2265 historical. Horiziontal position sensor fault. If there were three codes in the RDCM, it would say 3 codes, then list them.

Didn't you say that you cleared the codes before you ran the diagnostics?

Afterwards I ran reset the DIC and ran the diagnostics

That might explain why you did not find much.

I think that it is saying you have one code related to the right door control module. It is B2265 historical. Horizontal position sensor fault. If there were three codes in the RDCM, it would say 3 codes, then list them.

Didn't you say that you cleared the codes before you ran the diagnostics?

That might explain why you did not find much.

I had reset them the first time, before I drove anywhere. I figured that if it stated a charging system fault, if it was a valid fault, it should show back up after I went for a drive. I drove probably about 20 miles, maybe 15 miles on the Interstate, running between 70 and 80 MPH for a bit with one hit of 100 MPH. When I returned back home I went through the DIC again and the only fault again was the door module. I really have no idea what this might be an indication of, door module? Horizontal position?

I have had the DIC read "charging system fault" when I first start the car about 2-3 times in the last 6 months. I have not pulled codes, as I have had no driveability problems and the warning is uncommon. If it happens again, I will pull the cosdes and see what's up.

As far as I am concerned, the code for the door module means nothing. I do not get upset about isolated history codes. If there is a problem, it will announce itself soon enough.

My 03 Z-51 will show "Charging System Fault" if I let it set any length of time over a week!! I lay on to dampness,maybe in the Alternator from setting under the cover or setting in the Barn!!!!! It won't do it if it just set in the drive without the cover!!! It's never died though!!!!:upthumbs

My 03 Z-51 will show "Charging System Fault" if I let it set any length of time over a week!! I lay on to dampness,maybe in the Alternator from setting under the cover or setting in the Barn!!!!! It won't do it if it just set in the drive without the cover!!! It's never died though!!!!:upthumbs

This is the first time it has happened, the car had sit in my garage for over a week and during that time w had a period of 4-5 days of drizzle/cloudy/misty conditions. It may have gave me this notice also the first time, yesterday when it died out twice. I mentioned this in my first post. I had no problems today. When I get the oil changed the next time I also am going to have the fuel filter changed out.

Afterwards I ran reset the DIC and ran the diagnostics at least three times with no errors found except this in the auto mode diagnostics;
A1 – RDCM B2265 H
Thanks

I took a look at my '02 service manual...the code is for the horizontal position of the outside rearview mirror and is always set as a history code even if current.

Thanks yellow_2002_germany

I guess I will have to try give moving or adjusting the mirror and see what happens. It is currently set where I like it so I have not tried moving it. Now it makes me wonder just what might be the cause of this issue.

Would the module have gone bad just because the mirror has not been moved in a while, probably at least six months?

I went home tonight, took the Corvette out for a spin, not Charging System fault showed up on the DIC

I drove around for a while adjusting the right hand mirror every which way I could. Went back home parked in the garage and ran through the DIC check again.

This same error was there;

A1 – RDCM B2265 H

In the manual mode which I ran once the auto-diagnostics had finished running the manual mode will display this;
A1 – RDCM 1 Code

I would like to know if this may portent something more major to come?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom